What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Taipan »

Yup. After decades of never bothering with a jacket in hot weather, I only recently discovered the equal benefits of a mesh jacket.

sad vampire
Current Ride: NC750 DCT+Aprilia Atlantic 500

Post by sad vampire »

Picked it up from the dealer, ridden it home, now wondering what to do next, perhaps read the manual.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Before the rain started I topped up the Burgs oil and worked out where to carry my walking stick/camera monopod combo plus gave the bike a good look over ready for next weeks trip to France. That reminds me, I must dig out the touring jacket and lid from the loft. That textile jacket is great, lots of vents and if it gets too hot the sleeves can be removed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Gave it a good wash and clean in preparation for the X9 Oc weekend bash.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

ChevySoul
Current Ride: Yamaha Xmax 300

Post by ChevySoul »

Last weekend I spent 3 days running-in my Xmax 300. On Thursday it had it's 1st service. Today I started on the upgrades. Rear gas shocks, Scorpion exhaust, Sports screen and Sports air filter. Tried to fit adjustable brake levers and bar end mirrors, but they need modifying to fit. More things to fit yet, in the near future 8-)

ImageImage

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

ChevySoul wrote:Last weekend I spent 3 days running-in my Xmax 300. On Thursday it had it's 1st service. Today I started on the upgrades. Rear gas shocks, Scorpion exhaust, Sports screen and Sports air filter. Tried to fit adjustable brake levers and bar end mirrors, but they need modifying to fit. More things to fit yet, in the near future 8-)
Chevysoul - the bike is looking good - enjoy

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Purchased a mint condition Maxsym 600i which I collect on Friday. I did have some reservations about getting the scooter, as dealers are thin on the ground. However, although they no longer hold a Sym franchise, the dealer assured me that they can provide all necessary parts and carry out any service required. I was already familar with the 600i and the part-ex offered against my Fazer 1000 was more than acceptable. Also, significant saving over the Cruisym 300 that I was also considering. Only time will tell if all stacks up as I am hoping, as it has been purchased specifically with touring.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

sad vampire
Current Ride: NC750 DCT+Aprilia Atlantic 500

Post by sad vampire »

Swapped the GIVI 214DT for the AF214 on the Swing, then rode to Worthing for a cuppa & to test positioning of the airflow screen.

Lovely weather for riding.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Had the 8thou service done for 100and6T8 of our £'s...1.40t i take that to be the time charge 100£'s plus vat..two oil filters and 4 and a nats lts of oil..sump plug washer and consumables .... i'm in the wrong business ( or was ) :lol:

I then came home the long way round, coffee and cake at home and then fitted the dog bones to lower the back end.
A good day.
Lyn.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

road runner wrote:Purchased a mint condition Maxsym 600i which I collect on Friday.
Should be perfect for touring - big lumpy motor - hopefully it's not too greedy on fuel