Burgman 400 Type S

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
luandablue
Current Ride: Honda PCX

Burgman 400 Type S

Post by luandablue »

There's a couple of these for sale reasonably close to me, one on an 07, the other an 09. Both have about 5k miles.

They have white dials, chrome bars and short screen. A bit like a big PCX. Brighter blue colour too that I really like the look of.

Does anyone have any experience of these? Particularly, what's the short screen like to live with? I know it could be changed for a taller one, but I quite like the look of that too.

Were they more expensive than standard when new? These two for sale are not far off the price of newer models with similar or lower mileages.

Any other thoughts appreciated.

pikey

Re: Burgman 400 Type S

Post by pikey »

Im pretty sure the S was an american model last of the old range imported to flog off over here they are 05 built models need photos really to be sure

luandablue
Current Ride: Honda PCX

Post by luandablue »

pikey

Post by pikey »

Yes its old model with the 385 engine single cam new model has 399 double cam which apart from the early clutch probs is better engine also older one has only one front disc new model twin front disc and more underseat storage bigger front wheel and fatter rear tyre as well I think although hasnt the linked braking of the older model

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

The other visual indication are the side orange reflectors that are law in the USA for all bikes.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

paula4u
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400AN K8

Post by paula4u »

well if its a 2005 model... phew way too much money..
ooops another Burgman AN400 K8 again and...
YAMAHA VIRAGO DX535 AND XV250
Suzuki SV650S
Skoda Octavia is for lazy driving
Past Bikes: Honda S-Wing 125, Suzuki Burgman 400AN K3, Yamaha YBR125ED, Burgman AN400 K8

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yep from across the water. Essentially the same mechanically as the other earlier 385cc versions but as said, with cometic changes. If in very good condition with low miles, as that one appears it will command a higher price. There is nothing wrong with them either. It should have the fuel injected 385cc motor as the Americans didn't get the carb models ever to my knowledge. And they go good. Just depends if you like that 'S' type trim.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

I saw one in a local dealers in red and it looked stunning. Went back to buy it and it had gone. I was most disgruntled.
My biggest moan about the Burgman is the lack of any real colour choice. Theres about 10 of us have them, both 400's and 650's in the Northern lot and they're all Grey! (Yes Phil yours is a special version with a great colour).

The X9's had it right.