How long should a Maxi last?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
pikey

Re: How long should a Maxi last?

Post by pikey »

horobags wrote:the 200's fair better than the 250/300's, but the battery tray in the floor and the inner seam ( about halfway down the inner legshield) tend to hold water and rust from the inside out, if your keeping it julian , Id defo strip the lot and either dinnitrol/waxoil/acf-50 the lot, theres a video on how to strip it somewhere on the modern vespa forum, but I did it so it cant be that hard. When youve put it back together, GIVE IT A WASH !!!,

Wash it I havent got it dirty yet LOL

pikey

Post by pikey »

As a special treat as its a cold day heres a washing and cleaning video from one of my favorite gts/burger400 video guys hes deaf so not usual babble on his how too video's just shows you how although he does speak a bit on this one its in 2 parts

chippie
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-MAX MK3

Post by chippie »

I agree with wossa great thread now I know who and who not to buy a second hand scooter off.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

chippie wrote:I agree with wossa great thread now I know who and who not to buy a second hand scooter off.

........lol. :D
SEAT MO

pikey

Post by pikey »

Buy one off an anal cleaner and first squeak its in the dealers being trader in is my advice LOL

pikey

Post by pikey »

Any way livened forum up for a while LOL

mr magoo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 96 majesty 250

Post by mr magoo »

My ride is a 1996 majesty 250, thats 17 years old, milage - your guess is as good as mine. I'm 67 and I'm hoping it will outlast me
'96 Majesty 250
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, some idiot on a sports bike would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

In my front garden,is my old [1st]Honda sh125,sorned past 3 years.Why.?? Because going threw New x one sunday morning there was an almighty noise.The centre stand came apart.Bollocks cargo straped it up went to the bike demo.Found Terryvanman,stuffed a plastic bollard under it.Rode up to High Beech Rode back,now being held up by a lump of wood.
Point is it needs a new frame.At the mpment havent got the space/time.May b when i move [got my eye on some thing with entrance to back garden].
Have the tools.some where there is the nohow.
Buy a crashed/blown engine and swop the bits over.
Its done 40800 miles.Much quicker then my 2nd sh125i.Not worth you say.well may be not,but i wood like to try. ;)
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Richie, it could be welded, but don't throw it away, I service one for a friend and also some parts are common to S-Wing and Poldark's sons SH. It can be moved using my Berlingo Van.
I will be using my S-Wing for many years hopefully, just brought a spare belt, I think they are very over engineered for a 125/150.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Nice one Dave W. When i move.??? Come round. :kiss:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.