Best Rustproofing for scoots??...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Best Rustproofing for scoots??...

Post by Data »

Hi you lot, just a question. What do you all use for best rustproofing for your scoot, if any, on the metal frame parts that are concealed and inside the frame and panels etc? In the summer I wiped the lower frame parts of the Burgman over with Waxoyl and I also use FS365. I've heard Dinatrol or something like that is good too and may be easier to spray inside frame tubes than Waxoyl. Anyone got any experience of Dinatrol? I know about ACF50 but have never used it and is it as permanent as Dinatrol or Waxoyl? I'm prolly being paranoid but you know what this salt is like. It gets everywhere. And since Essex County Council are using this road grit with Molasi in it, it sticks to the bike like Shite to a blanket especially in all the concealed places! not that I have that on the blankets you understand!!! :o :lol: Sorry if this has been covered before but can't find reference to it.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Best Rustproofing for scoots??...

Post by horobags »

Ive used acf-50 for the last 5 years and swear by it, on exposed areas like wheels exhaust ect , it does need re applying every couple of months through the winter, when its dry its practically invisible . For a more permanent treatment, like if all your tuppaware is off and you want to treat the frame check out dinnitrols website off their e-bay link, this is also exellent stuff, as is waxoil. If you use acf-50 squirt some into a container and then brush on it makes the job much easier, and for god sake dont tell pikey youve treated it , or he'll call you anal, he thinks we all should be riding rusty old helix's. :P :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

pikey

Post by pikey »

A rusty helix is better than a rusty anal any day :kiss: :kiss:

pikey

Post by pikey »

If you own a diesel car or van keep your black shitty old oil mix it with some white spirit to thin it makes a good rust proofer for areas that dont show .Us Pikeys preserve our Mk3 transits with it LOL

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

pikey wrote:If you own a diesel car or van keep your black shitty old oil mix it with some white spirit to thin it makes a good rust proofer for areas that dont show .Us Pikeys preserve our Mk3 transits with it LOL

Now you tell me, i've just used it on the Shed and Fence...

pikey

Post by pikey »

:lol: :lol:

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

pikey wrote:If you own a diesel car or van keep your black shitty old oil mix it with some white spirit to thin it makes a good rust proofer for areas that dont show .Us Pikeys preserve our Mk3 transits with it LOL
I use it as a hair tonic.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

And as a toothpaste?! :D
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

now you tell me, Ive just acf-50'd my shed and fence!! :D
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Steve_D wrote:
I use it as a hair tonic.
Don't want to do that, its carcinogenic.