New Sym??

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SYMUK
Current Ride: Joymax 300

Re: New Sym??

Post by SYMUK »

Hi Mel

I will try to get this information for the forum, however I would prefer to wait until after Homologation, the mpg then is 'official' and tested under strict conditions.

Thanks
SYMUK

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

melpotter wrote:So I'm reading that the 600i will be capable of over 100 mph but what about mpg?

Also, is there really no way of reprogramming the odometer / tripmeter to read in miles?

Not a massive problem but given that I can see the display showing miles as an option during the system check when I turn on my 300i it seems possible.
if it helps on the 400i you turn the key on and press set and that changes the tripmeter
Maximum respect

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

SYMUK wrote:Sorry Data

Pretty much any dealer - although not all dealers will have invested in diagnostic equipment - in the case of a complex fault requiring this we 'loan' to the dealer for the duration required.

I doubt that you will be far from a good dealer darn sarf'

Thanks
SYMUK
Thanks for that info...I look forward to seeing the bike when it's here.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

spaceprobe wrote:
melpotter wrote:So I'm reading that the 600i will be capable of over 100 mph but what about mpg?

Also, is there really no way of reprogramming the odometer / tripmeter to read in miles?

Not a massive problem but given that I can see the display showing miles as an option during the system check when I turn on my 300i it seems possible.
if it helps on the 400i you turn the key on and press set and that changes the tripmeter
Very Interesting but where is set?
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

It's the button in the dash for setting the clock etc, does your model not have one?
Maximum respect

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

spaceprobe wrote:It's the button in the dash for setting the clock etc, does your model not have one?
Unfortunately not no. You press the hour and minute button to put the clock in set mode. :-(
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

Looks like that came on later models then, its an excuse to upgrade, or buy my 400 if I decide to go for a 600 :-)
Maximum respect

SYMUK

Post by SYMUK »

Orders placed before Nov 5 will receive SHAD 45 Top Box and MaxSym Rack, and 1.2m High Security Lock and Chain

Retail Value of above c£270

Although a machine with a price launch in 2013, the price is likely to go up Jan 1st 2014 (we do not have indication yet - but expect 5%)

Orders placed before Nov 5th will be produced this year, price held and delivered in January

Food for thought

SYMUK

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

SYMUK wrote:Orders placed before Nov 5 will receive SHAD 45 Top Box and MaxSym Rack, and 1.2m High Security Lock and Chain

Retail Value of above c£270

Although a machine with a price launch in 2013, the price is likely to go up Jan 1st 2014 (we do not have indication yet - but expect 5%)

Orders placed before Nov 5th will be produced this year, price held and delivered in January

Food for thought

SYMUK
If you are a Catholic you should head to confession for all this temptation you are waving about. :lol: Do we know what the difference will be with the sports version yet apart from go faster stripes?
Maximum respect

SYMUK

Post by SYMUK »

Tis just cosmetic

Classic is in Gloss Paint

Sport is super sexy Matt Black with red pin stripe on wheels, seat and logo - this model will obviously go much faster - honest guv'

Those Taiwanese spin doctoring PR guys are catching up with Piaggio at last!

SYMUK