300cc class scooters at Motorcycle Live

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

300cc class scooters at Motorcycle Live

Post by Globs »

As 300cc is the golden spot for acceleration, power, weight and economy this is where I looked today:

Piaggio X10, still an amazing looking machine and with a shallow but still very large load space and wind deflectors etc it looks a worthwhile contender
ImageImageImage

Kawasaki, otherwise known as Kymco - interesting with good screen
The only issue was the footboards - you can't rest them forward. As I ride most of the time like that I had to reject it :(

Then the surprise of the show - £4.5k - the Forza 300. Totally ignored last show but with a decent screen, proper tailored big topbox and a cavernous storage space underseat it hardly needed the standard ABS and heated grips to sway me. And it's a Honda: Which means support! My favourite show find - very very nice.
ImageImageImage
Plus it has a bare handlebar - possible done for cost but in practice means you can add GPS brackets easily and adjust the bar positions. All had proper handlebar mirrors too which was nice.

gn2

Re: 300cc class scooters at Motorcycle Live

Post by gn2 »

Did you sit on the Forza?
Tis smaller than it looks, there's not much legroom for feet forward and the clearance between knee and fairing is too close for some people.
8000 mile service interval is a definite advantage over all the rest.

Globs

Post by Globs »

gn2 wrote:Did you sit on the Forza?
Tis smaller than it looks, there's not much legroom for feet forward and the clearance between knee and fairing is too close for some people.
Yes I had a good sit on it, I found my feet were fine including all the way forward and up - but everyone is different for fitting!

The service is great - plus they do it in Silver with matching topbox - the main key fits the box too, a nice touch.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Silver?
Looks like grey to me.
Two sizes of Honda topboxes are also available colour matched in white and black.

macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

Post by macamxthe1st »

It may come across very well in a static display but I would reserve judgement until you ride one. I had one out a few weeks ago and was very disappointed. All very good as you say but performance wise very weak in fact the only way I can describe it was the the motor felt "strangled".

Geoff.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Depends what you have been riding previously.
After three years on a PCX it feels like a rocketship :lol:

Globs

Post by Globs »

gn2 wrote:Silver?
Looks like grey to me.
Two sizes of Honda topboxes are also available colour matched in white and black.
The one at the show was metallic dark silver/grey with a paint matched topbox. Interesting there are two sizes - this one looked right and was pretty big. One can never have too much storage ;)

Globs

Post by Globs »

macamxthe1st wrote:It may come across very well in a static display but I would reserve judgement until you ride one. I had one out a few weeks ago and was very disappointed. All very good as you say but performance wise very weak in fact the only way I can describe it was the the motor felt "strangled".

Geoff.
I felt the Burgman400 had that feeling too, the CVT never let the engine rev.
Upgrading the rollers to Dr Pulley sliders may be the route here, I had to do the exact same mod to both my SYMs.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Globs wrote:
gn2 wrote:Did you sit on the Forza?
Yes I had a good sit on it, I found my feet were fine including all the way forward and up - but everyone is different for fitting!

The service is great - plus they do it in Silver with matching topbox - the main key fits the box too, a nice touch.
How tall are you and what's your inside leg measurement - if you don't mind a personal question! :kiss:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Globs wrote:The one at the show was metallic dark silver/grey
Seal silver metallic is the official title.
But to me it just looks like a boring grey.