Parking App

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Parking App

Post by spaceprobe »

Nice new App in the Android store "UK Motorcycle Parking", uses your GPS or address to find the nearest parking places. Seems to work well more town being added all the time, Brighton as just been added. Handy when trying to find a motorcycle bay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .mcparking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maximum respect

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: Parking App

Post by halfabusa »

cheers for that!
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

Thanks good to know, I use the AA parking app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... id.parking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's £2 but uses data from parkopedia and covers parking anywhere in the UK. There's a selectable filter to just show car parks for motorbikes.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

melpotter wrote:Thanks good to know, I use the AA parking app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... id.parking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's £2 but uses data from parkopedia and covers parking anywhere in the UK. There's a selectable filter to just show car parks for motorbikes.
The AA refunded me the cost of the mobile app because it was not showing free bike parking places. I have found it terrible for car and bike but interestingly the full web version works well
Maximum respect

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

spaceprobe wrote:
melpotter wrote:Thanks good to know, I use the AA parking app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... id.parking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's £2 but uses data from parkopedia and covers parking anywhere in the UK. There's a selectable filter to just show car parks for motorbikes.
The AA refunded me the cost of the mobile app because it was not showing free bike parking places. I have found it terrible for car and bike but interestingly the full web version works well
Hmm when was that? Seems to work for me.

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

last year, they implied that when they developed the app that had overlooked motorcycles hence the refund so hopefully they have corrected it. This new one looks very good and it also allows you to add spaces that are not listed so it can be kept quickly up to date
Maximum respect

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

spaceprobe wrote:last year, they implied that when they developed the app that had overlooked motorcycles hence the refund so hopefully they have corrected it. This new one looks very good and it also allows you to add spaces that are not listed so it can be kept quickly up to date
Well I can definitely confirm that both motorcycle and free parking are selectable filters in the AA app. I guess, since it draws it's data from Parkopedia you'd have to add new spaces there although they say they have over 6,000 towns covered.