Ouch! That hurts

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Re: Ouch! That hurts

Post by Ginger Phil »

Women drivers piss me off! :x

I drive a Transit all day at work and the amount of times a woman will stop at a roundabout when there's nothing coming is unbelievable. They're hesitant about every little thing, they're convinced every car/van/lorry is suddenly going to plough straight in to them. :evil:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ginger Phil wrote:Women drivers piss me off! :x

I drive a Transit all day at work and the amount of times a woman will stop at a roundabout when there's nothing coming is unbelievable. They're hesitant about every little thing, they're convinced every car/van/lorry is suddenly going to plough straight in to them. :evil:
Its men & women equally round here. They don't look ahead, they don't bother to make judgements. And don't start me ranting about lane discipline.....

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

What is it with some drivers and mini-roundabouts?
I got to one in town the other day, just a three exit one, and there were two cars sat there, on the different approaches, obviously not knowing who should go first. I waved to the one on my right to come through (give way to the right!), and bugger me,both of 'em set off at once! Nearly s**t meself!
Two emergency stops carried out! I did a quick left turn and cleared off out of the way!
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

burgerman wrote:What is it with some drivers and mini-roundabouts?
I got to one in town the other day, just a three exit one, and there were two cars sat there, on the different approaches, obviously not knowing who should go first. I waved to the one on my right to come through (give way to the right!), and bugger me,both of 'em set off at once! Nearly s**t meself!
Causing trouble again I see! This would appear to have great potential as comedy sketch with well meaning Maxi-scooterist causing mayhem all across town....

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

burgerman wrote:What is it with some drivers and mini-roundabouts?
Tell me about it! The worst one is when you get three women drivers at the roundabout, you then get a Mexican stand-off. :roll:

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

Cue the what do you call three women at a roundabout? A car park.

Round here it's less about `lag` more about the simple fact we are all supposed to be able to read frackin minds and KNOW that they intended to turn right. Obviously worried more about burning a hole in the ozone layer through too much energy burning of indicators.

What I look forward to, in tomorrows technological age of cars practically driving themselves is a vehicle that knows where it is, and who is driving, and nags the woman for the next fifteen minutes for failing to indicate properly. I call them non-self cancelling indicators and they replace those idiot beeps with something more practical...

"What are you? Stupid? You should have indicated at that last roundabout..." 10 minutes

"Oh look, we're coming up to another roundabout. Plan on indicating this time or do you need a grown up to do it for you?"

"So we're here all day then? Might as well switch off the engine if you aren't planning on pulling out...!"

or the she-classic:

"Ooohh!"

after every manoeuvre above 3.7 mph...

Obviously, the male version will be different along the lines of: "Was that an overtake, or a suicide attempt..?" or "Ayrton Senna is dead, so you won't catch him no matter how fast you go..."

etc. etc.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

irev wrote:"Only a fool breaks the two second rule.
And if it should pour double to four..."

There's a reason for this lesson in primary training - it presumes every other road user is at the same level as your car driver and is about to do something stupid - with a suitable gap, you can laugh at them, not crash.

But an expensive lesson to learn when all you had to do is ask!

Guess we can count you as a supporter of the ABS Club now?

Glad you're alright.
Whilst you're right of course about the two second rule and I learnt that on my CBT too I doubt there are many riders who approach an empty roundabout at 15mph, and are 45 feet behind the car in front. Around here they'd have every nutter on the road cutting into the gap. :roll:
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.