What's the worst Scoot/motorbike you've ever had?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

What's the worst Scoot/motorbike you've ever had?

Post by anonstarter »

Remember that feeling? You'd haemorrhaged time and money... You had to cross your fingers (& toes) when you turned the key... You hated using it... :(

Cagiva River 500 - Constant Electrical problems - FNITC ~(Final Nail In The Coffin): Starter Motor :roll:
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: What's the worst Scoot/motorbike you've ever had?

Post by smeghead »

T100 Bonneville. Bought brand new. Uncomfortable seat, cramped riding position and I was battered to death at any reasonable speeds, by that I mean 70 mph. It was gorgeous to behold but, deep down it was soulless despite the vintage appearance.

macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

Post by macamxthe1st »

Without a shadow of a doubt it was a Harley Davidson Dyna Glide. "Glide" you have got to be joking. Best way I can describe the bloody thing would be. Take two Lister dump truck motors and bolt them together. Take previously described "lash up" and strap it to a short length of "H" girder. Now take neanderthal attempt at engineering and fix to a pair of oversize pram wheels and "Voila". You may have gathered that I was not overly impressed.

Geoff.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Jialing Honda Helix chinese clone ignored advice from Jaz (Helix guru) paid £150 spent as much again on it came home on recovery truck 3 times .Have salvaged few bits off it for my 2 Honda Helix some of new parts tyres ect luggage rack.Still dont know why it finally packed up but by then had brought my first proper Helix .

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Piaggio Typhoon 125 2-stroke. I had it for 2 years from new. After about 18months various lights on the dash started getting intermittent and then failed due to rust on the circuits.

So I traded up to a series of 5 Peugeots for the next 110k miles or so with few any issues.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Kymco Agility 125, mirrors were useless, felt unstable, hated it, it was a loan bike whilst my TMax was being repaired.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

My Honda VF750SC (AKA Sabre) -

Slightest hint of moisture in the air and it would not start. When it was running, it was as sweet as a nut...
I got to hate it with a vengeance. :twisted: (but what a good looking bike...)
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

A German built Diana scooter. Lumbering great thing that weighed a ton. Funny thing with gears and a foot brake I seem to remember. Just too heavy for me as a weedy teenager so I got rid of it after a couple of weeks.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Black Wing
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 L4 Black

Post by Black Wing »

Never had a bad one! But most time, money and effort was spent on my 1982 Hesketh V1000 that I bought in 2005. It had been stored for 15 years and only had 444 miles on the clock. Got it going and was recovered twice but took it to the IOM TT in 2007 (as a spectator!) so have great menories of a bike that caused me so much heartache!!
Ken.

Experience is something I only ever get a second after I really need it!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Hardley movinson 883 ster, ive taken the sport out because its the oposite of sporty. Hard suspension, uncomfy, vibey, heavy, slow turning, rusty, noisey, slow, so not all bad :shock: .
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.