Honda Forza Re-call

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
adrianb1066
Current Ride: FORZA 300

Re: Honda Forza Re-call

Post by adrianb1066 »

Had mine done today but still not received a letter from Honda. At the same time my heated grips have packed up (new set ordered) and need new front/rear brake pads. Only done 4000 miles and I didn't think that I was that heavy on the brakes!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

One member here, Trev I think, got new discs and pads under warranty and I got a rear set under warranty because the calipers on Forzas and SHs are prone to sticking and warping the disc.

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

Never had that problem in 12 years with my sym shark :lol: bloody jap crap :lol: :lol: :lol: still at least it has a mph speedo

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

jamie wrote:Never had that problem in 12 years with my sym shark :lol: bloody jap crap :lol: :lol: :lol: still at least it has a mph speedo
My Piaggio X10 has had some heavy brake usage and they are still perfect.

I think the Japanese are starting to wake up, the Forza 125 seems to be a new design that will bring the Forza to the current standards. Piaggio are having a quality drive too so I'm not sure others will catch up though (SYM excepted - it's already reliable).

All I need to do now is convince Piaggio to position their pillion footrests in a sane place and to bother to cover up the X10's open fusebox (worst unfixed design blunder ever) and they'll be unbeatable ;).

I'm still struggling to find anything more useful than a SYM Joyride 200 though - nothing really gets that close to it for basic functionality - it's sitting right where the Honda SH series should be - who'd have thought? ;).

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

adrianb1066 wrote:Had mine done today but still not received a letter from Honda. At the same time my heated grips have packed up (new set ordered) and need new front/rear brake pads. Only done 4000 miles and I didn't think that I was that heavy on the brakes!
Did the OE pads(Ferodo i think...) on the 250 X-Max in about 3000 miles!
EBC Kevlars are much much better - braking performance, cost, pad life and disk wear... the lot

biggestelk
Current Ride: Integra 750

Post by biggestelk »

Got my letter and booked her in! :-)

neilab28
Current Ride: Honda NSS300 Forza

Post by neilab28 »

Had mine done on Saturday and apparently it was a rotten job as the seals wouldn't seal.

They refitted the new pump twice and both times the seals leaked so they eventually fitted the pump using the old seals.

Mine was the 1st Forza they had done (now they know what to expect)

Post Updated 02/12/14 (06:50)

Yesterday was the first day I have used the bike since the work and I think I noticed a difference at low speeds/city riding. When I got home I was asking myself if I was just imagining it because I knew I had had the work done but no, I honestly think it rode better
As they say is Star Wars.....May the Forza be with you
Neil