took a chance on this...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

took a chance on this...

Post by scorpakid »

I was looking at 125's with bigger wheels for my commute.... but im bit heavy for a learner bike..... this was local-ish.. and very reasonably priced... so I went and got it...

its a kymco like 200 . . . . . (163cc) . . . . I have been commuting the last 5 weeks on my bmw1100rs which is no fun in heavy traffic. . . to jump on this weeny bike after that feels so wrong....like I have just stolen it off some young kid... first few miles I thought OH NO what have I brought...... but I have just done about 45 mins varied urban riding on it.... and it is growing on me.... the engines a little beauty... not gonna rip ya arms off or nothing but it whips away from the lights very nicely..and hits 45 mph faster than I expected..and still pulling hard... only had 60mph so far but feller I got it from sez it will do 70mph.... I don't reely need it for that...just a 7 mile suburban commute..... sheez onlee done 1800miles ..not yet run in proper..... the handling is a bit squiffy with the small 12" wheels.... but its put a smile on my face... I do feel like Louis spence on it..... but I will be able to squeeze it on site no probs... free parking out of sight of teenage thieves... :D

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Re: took a chance on this...

Post by kishan »

doesn't look too bad :) has a abit of a vespa look to it too.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I've seen a few of them around town, looks like a nice wee Lambretta-esque scooter.
Should prove much more reliable though.
Don't understand why its not on Kymco's UK site any longer, only the 125 on there now.

scorpakid

Post by scorpakid »

it looks like a shameless vespa gts copy to me.. :-) also, it starts and does not cut out when the side stand is down..... I like that.... and no poxy electronic key just a normal key....

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Nice looking machine, and does what you want for ped money, I would too!
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I 'Like' the topbox - its almost as big as the rest of the scoot!!!!
Looks fun - round town anyway.

EssexGazza
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by EssexGazza »

Very nice too. Just the sort of thing I am looking for - a second bike for commuting.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I 'like' it, :P
seriously , I was looking at a like 200 at a dealers in Bolton recently, they look well styled and well built apart from the exhaust early corrosion. It was mint apart from a rusty can. A good buy if you ask me.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

scorpakid

Post by scorpakid »

i might have done a wrong un buying this.... just done my first proper commute on it.... it felt very small.... and not enough road presence for me really..... its a cracking little bike... but not what i thought it was going to be if im honest.... if i lived on a greek isle i would keep it for ever..... but the hostile London traffic has made me feel too small and i cant bully my way about like im used to..

will have a think... cant do much till log book comes back.... oh well ... live and learn.. :-)

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

not sure where you are in UK scorpakid :?: you might get used to it, after all if its for a purpose then you can grow into it
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.