Sunday morning - Essex meets ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
EssexGazza
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Sunday morning - Essex meets ?

Post by EssexGazza »

Was lucky enough to tag along with a mate of mine to Finchingfield in the north of Essex this morning. Lovely place for anyone who hasn't been there. Very pretty and picturesque.

My mate has a 1300 Yamaha motorbike, and the place was full of all sorts - there must have been at least 50 of them supporting the cafes there. But mine was the only scooter !

Got me thinking - is there any frequent Sunday morning meeting place for scoots in Essex. Would love to go along and feel part of something rather than an onlooker. Not that anybody was being derogatory or unkind in any way. Everybody was very friendly - it's just that I would have liked to have joined in the conversation more if you get my drift !

:)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Sunday morning - Essex meets ?

Post by Funkycowie »

I normally ride out on my own but wouldn't be adverse to someone or multiple people tagging along. However I am mid wrapping my scoot so my weekends have been taken up... I was planning a September ride out but things got in the way, specifically an old lady hurrying in to the road in front of me which meant I had to fix my scoot before wrapping.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

EssexGazza
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by EssexGazza »

Maybe we can find a central meeting point with a cafe and open up the invitation ?

stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Post by stevew »

I'm up for Essex stuff even though I'm in Kent.
Happy to lead a ride to mersea island for instance. ;)
Free most weekends. You set the start point and time and we go from there :D
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Sure, we (MM) have had small meets at High Beech Tea hut in Epping Forest before.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

Must they only be in Essex? Box Hill in Surrey is a good one & there's also Godstone on the A5 as well all within easy reach. Should do an Ace cafe run maybe?

Cookie
Benefactor
Current Ride: SilverWing - PCX - C90

Post by Cookie »

I'd be interested in some mini meets in or around Essex.
I'm not one for 'biker' cafes or meeting places such as High Beech personally but there are some nice places that are good for small meets and/or rides.
Mersea has already been mentioned. Others could be Maldon or Papermill Lock in Little Baddow or Battlesbridge.
I know it's 'across the water' but Gravesend is quite nice down by the river.
Some of the airfield cafe's are quite nice with a bit of aeroplane interest thrown in such as Damyns Hall aerodrome in Upminster or North Weald airfield.
Just a few ideas that are pretty easy to get to.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

BenR wrote:Must they only be in Essex? Box Hill in Surrey is a good one & there's also Godstone on the A5 as well all within easy reach. Should do an Ace cafe run maybe?
But then its a long way to go for some if it is going to piss it down with rain or if they are on say a 125. I think the idea was more for Essex based but to dip across the border maybe in to Herts, Cambs or Kent. Say you are in Essex, in Braintree... meeting in Boxhill would be a 3 hour journey there and back... its a bit far.
ImageImageImageImage

Cookie
Benefactor
Current Ride: SilverWing - PCX - C90

Post by Cookie »

I agree - travelling longer distances is fine for bigger meets but for mini meets it's nice to be slightly local (although Essex is a big place).
A couple of other nice places occurred to me - Old Harwich, Southend seafront or London Victoria Embankment (although that would be best on a Sunday evening when things are a bit less manic).

Box Hill is a three and a half hour round trip from here. It's mostly motorways too which, as Funky pointed out, isn't too good if you're on a 125.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Cookie wrote:I'd be interested in some mini meets in or around Essex.
I'm not one for 'biker' cafes or meeting places such as High Beech personally.
+1

I've done s couple of rides (impromptu) with roadrunner and they've been good. Usually meet near a tea room in a garden centre have a 99 @ manningtree wall all very gentrified

Was discussing with another forum about adopting the new empire diner along the A12 near Hatfield Peveral and Suzuki owners club used to meet at D's diner 1st Sunday in the month as I recall.

Maybe adopt a meet point (central) arrange onward ride from there!