Honda X-ADV Finally Unveiled

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Re: Honda X-ADV Finally Unveiled

Post by BenR »

MrGrumpy wrote: No prices yet. The engine comes from the NC range which was designed as a low revving hi-torque (and fuel efficient) engine, so power outputs aren't comparable with race bikes!

Exclamation marks are unecessary my original statement wasn't meant as an insult and I stand by it 54bhp from a 750cc twin is pretty poor I'd expect 70-80. The weight would be less of an issue if it had that kind of power.

syntec4

Post by syntec4 »

kayz1 wrote:Re: Scottoiler Mr Grumpy Sir, can't fit one unless it is the electronic one as there is no where to fit a vacuum nipple on the NC motor. There is another electronic oiler and it is cheaper that of the Scot..
Lyn.
I drilled a hole on mine and tapped an M5 nipple on the Inlet. Worked great and 1/3rd of the price of an electronic one.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: On the France trip this year , on the way down me(integra) and chippie(t-max) swapped over for 20 miles or so. I was amazed by the t-max's performance and handling, chippie couldnt get back on his t-max quick enough. The honda low down grunt and dct isnt as enjoyfull as the sporty cvt t-max, but one thing that might be a big factor is the honda can do up to 80 mpg, much more than the t-max.
Hmmm...that Tmax 'X' factor! I've owned a Tmax almost continuously since 2005 - part of me fancies a change, but its hard to beat!

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Mrgrumpy powerbiking.co.uk are selling a 2014 t-max with 21 miles on the clock for £5794.00

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:Mrgrumpy powerbiking.co.uk are selling a 2014 t-max with 21 miles on the clock for £5794.00
I guess that a 2014 model would be a mk4 - already got one of those! Might consider a 2015-6 mk5 model as it has the USD forks and keyless ignition, and there are a few of those around on the web, and prices are only going to fall when the mk6 comes out!

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Morning all, latest from SLUK
http://www.scooterlab.uk/honda-x-adv-75 ... unch-news/
The chap onboard in the first picture looks like he's never sat on a scooter before .
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

And he actually looks like he's sat on a bog holding the latest Twist 'n' Go!

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Meldrew wrote:That tin top box looks like one of the old fashioned overhead lavatory cisterns from the Izal bog paper era, the ones where you pulled a chain to flush!
Yes but did you crush the said San Izal bog roll before wiping your ass

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Very short interview here with X-ADV project leader....doesn't say a lot except that it was some random experiment rather than part of a plan!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016 ... san-eicma/

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Bizarre!