Tmax 2017

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Tmax 2017

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just been watching the Yamaha Press conference at which new Tmax(s) was unveiled. Very short of detail, but the front has been restyled, but it otherwise looks VERY similar. It appears that the engine is little different, but there is a new chassis, and surprisingly the new model is 9kg less than the previous model. Luggage space is slightly bigger.

There are three models, base, SX & DX - the SX is the 'sports' model whilst the DX is a sort of Exec model. They don't appear fundamentally different, but the SX and DX have more equipment - the DX is laden down with stuff, including electric screen, heated seat, and electronically adjustable rear suspension. The SX and DX have different engine power modes, and I think traction control was mentioned.

All look very nice, but evolution rather than revolution.

btw Yamaha are referring to them as the 6th generation Tmax, so they obviously think of the 2015 upgrade with USD forks as the mk5!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Tmax 2017

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

You've been busy Mr G. Like you, I've been scouring the web for xadv/amax300/tmax/cruisesym news for weeks.....

......thanks for heads up. My fav currently is the xmax 300.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Fingers crossed on pricing but with the current model as a bench mark if they follow BMW scoots then out of my purse strings budget

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

looks like a blend of the MK2 and 5
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

If it's good enough for him ...
https://goo.gl/photos/UcuT4BxGx3AQBLi67
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootypuff snr wrote:Fingers crossed on pricing but with the current model as a bench mark if they follow BMW scoots then out of my purse strings budget
Yes...this occurred to me, pricing might be horrendous! If Yamaha are asking around £9k for the current model, then they are going to want something on the way to £9500 for the new base model, and maybe £10k for the SX model, and I guess that the DX model, laden with expensive add-ons is going to be £11k!

At this moment, I'm not clear what I'd gain from upgrading from my mk4 to this mk6, though maybe I'd like to try a mk5 with the USD forks and keyless ignition.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

All details, pics and specs on the Yamaha website now - https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products ... /tmax.aspx - no prices though!

The final drive belt seems to have shrunk to about half the width - always thought it was rather overkill...
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Call me shallow but I like the TFT clocks.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Greyerbeard wrote:All details, pics and specs on the Yamaha website now - https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products ... /tmax.aspx - no prices though!

The final drive belt seems to have shrunk to about half the width - always thought it was rather overkill...
Thanks. I guess traction control is the only concrete improvement I've seen, apart from the luxury bits on the DX.

I'm getting a warning flag about the luggage space - it says 'storage for two demi-jet helmets', and the new space looks very shallow. I don't care how many demi-jets it takes, I want to know if it'll take one full face one (like the previous models)! If it can take a full face helmet, why don't they say so? If it can't that's a complete deal breaker for me.