Adrenalin pedstop (eBay dealings).

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Adrenalin pedstop (eBay dealings).

Post by BenR »

Not one for whinging but I thought I'd bring this matter to your attention. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Buzzetti side stand kit for the sportcity on Ebay from a seller called adrenalin pedstop. It took nearly a week to arrive & upon trying to install it none of the bolts are long enough & the bracket that goes behind the frame that the stand bolts to sits far too high meaning I can't fit the floor panel. I contacted the seller & explained this & we agreed that I'd return the item for a full refund. He did ask me what condition the item was in & I explained it was in the same condition as it was when I got it out of the packet. I sent it back first class last Saturday & it was delivered first thing Tuesday morning. I haven't heard anything since so I sent them a message this morning asking about said refund & their response is they're claiming the item is damaged so can't accept the return. Apperently the thread on one of the mounts is damaged as is the bolt & all the bolts are "covered" in copper grease. While I admit I did use copper grease I did my best to clean it off. There were no marks to either the stand itself or the bracket it bolts too. There certainly wasn't any damage to the threads. I told them if they're not going to refund me then I demand they return the kit. They're now refusing to send it & are only offering to "allow" me to collect it from Thurnscoe! I live in the South East. The seller is being a proper cock womble. Sorry for the long post but thought it my duty to warn other scooter riders to steer clear of this eBay seller.

BenR

Re: Adrenalin pedstop (eBay dealings).

Post by BenR »

A little update I've just had a message telling me they'll go halves on the return postage as a "goodwill gesture". I've asked them why I have to pay when I've already paid to send the item back not to mention I'm already out of pocket as I'll have a part I can't use & won't be able to sell on.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

How much was the stand? - How Much was the return postage? - How much to Re-send?
Why not try to negotiate a part refund, instead of paying half to re-recieve a part that is no good?
Or just put it down to experiance...

Reading on another forum - SHCooter for the Honda SH's - the Buzzetti side stand kits arnt meant to be much cop anyhowz...

BenR

Post by BenR »

The kit was £37.85 inc postage the return postage was £5.95. It's not mega bucks but it's not the point. Thanks for the heads up about Buzzetti I should've done more research.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Being cynical, ebay are notorious for always taking the buyer's side in a dispute, even when the buyer is being blatantly fraudulent! So you could always raise a dispute with ebay....online distance selling rules allow you return anything bought within 14 days (or maybe 30?) for a refund. No doubt the issue would still be whether you damaged it or not.

stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Post by stevew »

Yup raise a dispute if its Ebay. Don't leave it as there is a 60 day limit on refunds.
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

BenR

Post by BenR »

They are now sending the kit back. Apparently the "only sell new parts" & as there's paint missing from the bolts they can't resell it as a new item. I would rather have my money back as I know very well I won't be able to sell it on. Cheers for the advice chaps.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

with ebay if you buy something thats not fit for purpose then open a dispute... the seller then pays for the postage back.. especially big sellers... that way all communication is done thr the dispute... if they are being unreasonable then this is taken into hand... generally 99% of time buyer wins dispute and ebay them selves coff up to the buyer if you ring then and certain time frame has passed.
if the description was for said purpose it should work for that purpose.
if you agree something with the seller without dispute open, your nacked and the only way is a paypal dispute, but seen as they are the same company you may not win that... so its always best to open a dispute... as the seller gets your attention and its all logged... and if not fit for purpose seller pays for return... ebay used to be a friendly place.. not anymore
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Hope you get this resolved however I can see the sellers point of view - they are never going to be able to resell an item which has signs of being used - adrenilin pitstop are an established company with a decent reputation

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by Maxster »

I normally send the seller an email stating thay you don't like leaving negative feedback and would still leave positive feedback when you receive a full refund. It normally works but if not then definitely open a dispute as you WILL get your money back. If the item doesn't fit then it isn't "as described".