Met Police

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Re: Met Police

Post by Globs »

I don't think a phone can you know. I recall phone sometimes disrupted the pump metering in early digital pumps.

Hydrogen is also a lot safer than people think as it rises very strongly and very fast, petrol vapour on the other hand hangs about and runs downhill, fills pits and hollows, bilges etc too.

The Hindenburg fire was caused by an accidental creation of what could be described as thermite based paint - the hydrogen played little to no part in that, as the tanks ruptured it would shoot straight up and burn with a pale blue flame out of the way.

I still reckon the best scooters will be petrol for a long long time though.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

StephenC wrote:Whereas hydrogen fuel cell scoots aren't that dangerous, actually. From MCN (yes, I know) back in 2011 - "The fuel cell Burgman's gas tank has withstood bullet-attack, fire and high-speed impacts on its way to gaining EU type-approval. Spilled hydrogen disperses rapidly and is harder to ignite after only a few seconds than petrol."
On the other hand if a small leak accumulates in your garage... I once had a narrow escape when hydrogen from an overcharged battery went bang in a big way. You can smell fuel vapour but not hydrogen.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Slightly OT, but this link is about a UK company who has produced a prototype Hydrogen powered car. I'd buy one instead of an electric car...assuming hydrogen fuel was widely available of course!
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ers-future