MaxSym 600.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Re: MaxSym 600.

Post by BenR »

smeghead wrote:
michaelphillips wrote:nowt wront with an older style engine, its all diy none of those shim and bucket thingies
I'm with you on this matter, I cannot see how simple tech isn't anything but a positive thing scooter wise. It'll be easy to keep on the road and as long as the owner is happy hey ho!

I wasn't being negative about a question was asked so I answered it.

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

spaceprobe wrote:Read my reviews (do a search), its a great engine. Sym took the excellent Maxsym 400 and took it to the next level

I never said it wasn't a great. Why do I need to read your review or do a "search" when a friend of mine sells them & probably has more/better information on them than you do?

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Both maxsym bikes I had we're reliable its just future value that's not great

stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Post by stevew »

2wheelover51 wrote:It's sounding better all the time. The motor is SOHC so screw and locknut valve adjustment. Barring plastics removal should take about an hours work. :D
I wonder if that backrest can come off to fit a topbox?
Assuming it's the same as my 400 it comes off and can be replaced with a £70 rack. Top box is easy after that.
This is the best piccie i have of the top box but it started with the same back rest as you see on the 600.

Haven't got a piccie but i have now fixed the original backrest to the front of the top box so the passenger has a backrest. Can do a pic if you would like.
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

charles1976 wrote:Both maxsym bikes I had we're reliable its just future value that's not great
True, to the uninformed the SYM are chinese and worthless.
This has two benefits:

1) They are not attractive to thieves
2) Second hand they are a bargain

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

True but trade in values are terrible however...if its a bike to hold onto for a number of years then I agree.....

Viewed a honda forza 125 yesterday I must say the fit and finish was superb mind......

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Are the terrible?
Probably not so terrible at a SYM dealer - has anyone tried?

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

BenR wrote: Why do I need to read your review or do a "search" when a friend of mine sells them & probably has more/better information on them than you do?
Whilst I certainly don't need to defend Spaceprobe, I just popped on this thread and read your response to his reference to his own very useful reports on the Maxsym.

Hey, get you, with your special friend who sells SYM scoots. You're the man to know, eh? What are you doing on a forum such as this then, when you have such a useful friend with a 'font of knowledge' such as his? :roll:

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

I hope it's good, because I have just ordered one! Get it 8th March. Can't wait.

The downside is having to say goodbye to my beloved Burgman after five years and 32000 miles (Quivering of bottom lip) Oh, and having to think of a new username.

Globs: They're not Chinese, they're Taiwanese. There's a big difference. Chinese I grant you are almost always crap but as for Taiwanese, well put it this way they're good enough for Kawasaki to have a Kymco with Kawasaki badges on ( J300/125) and BMW to use a Kymco engine in their maxiscooter (C650GT/C600 Sport.) And Sym are just as big and successful. At least outside this country.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Oh, and Sym obviously have enough faith in them to offer a five-year warranty.