Admin or Doc fees????????

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
abitmad

Re: Admin or Doc fees????????

Post by abitmad »

Sylar wrote:I am looking to buy a second bike (new) One dealer said that is the price plus admin costs so I said what admin costs? Do you seriously think for one minute that with cash in my hand I am going to pay admi costs, I want ,the bike plus extra's, like heated handlebar grips and maybe a top box and I will not be paying the retail price, I expect on the road price and at least £100 off. Once I decide which bike I want I will call at the dealers and compare what they are prepared to offer.
I suggest that if getting the very best deal is very important to you, wait until winter if you can. Far better deals are usually available because of the great slowdown in the bike trade that time of year. Even the makers, let alone the dealers, often promote winter deals, typically with a lot of added accessories for no extra cost.

I also concur with the other posts that cash is not an incentive for dealers. It may sound odd to some, but that is the case and they actually prefer finance of some sort, these days nearly always so-called PCP which permits low monthly instalments, because of the rake they derive from such arrangements. Thus they will normally make more on a bike or car sold on finance than the same price vehicle sold for cash. It's not just the motor trade, I've seen this with a fitted kitchen a friend purchased a couple of years ago. The seller, a big DIY chain, refused to discount it for cash so the price was the same as using their three year "interest free" finance plan.

Back to the topic of admin fees, although it's a bit annoying to discover that list on the road price is not quite that, it's not something to get so worked up about in my view. As I said earlier, if you regard it as part of the haggle, it's not really a biggie. And it's entirely possible that you could negotiate a better price from a dealer who charges the £100 admin fee, than one selling the same bike who doesn't charge this fee. So the fee should not be considered in isolation but as part of the bargain you are able to strike with the dealer.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I ordered my new bike, a Cruisym300. RRP 5,000. Went to a dealer near me. He said price would be 5210 -66. This on the road price 12 mths tax, first reg price, plus admin. I said I will pay 5,000 on the road and included heated handlebar grips. He came back with 5036 on the road including heated grips. Deal done.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I was in the South London Honda dealer last week and would have brought a used CBF1000 from them, paid the ticket price and administration fee £49, but the salesman said there is a preparation fee of £49 on used bikes. ''Don't prepare it I'll take it as it is'' after all i have always checked over my bikes. He agreed to that, as long as I did not tell the directors. I walked away again.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i