More troubles

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: More troubles

Post by MrGrumpy »

Latest news is that having it done is 'only' £350-400, so a bit less than I feared. I think a new barrel assembly is around £100. Its a lot for a repair, but otherwise I'd have to fork out far more for a replacement scoot which I don't really need, so it might be worth having it done. And who knows what troubles a different scooter might bring? The Bev is worth around £1k, so at least I wouldn't be paying out more than its worth!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Mr G while you're at it with the new barrel and piston you may as well have that turbo kit fitted for a bit of extra boost..and it'll mop up your underspend :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Hmmm it goes well enough as it is! What it needs is better handling and more grip!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

PS and I'll need all my 'underspend' to pay for the Tmax replacement!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Latest installment....

The workshop suggested that it might be worth trying to plug the leak using Radweld or similar, on the basis that it might work, but if it didn't you'd have hardly lost anything. Well, I put some in and it does seem to actually worked and stopped the leak! However, there seems to be some uncertainty about how long this will last ie whether its a short term bodge, or will last a substantial period of time. Still I now have a non leaking scoot for the moment, so this gives more time to make decisions about its future.

OT (1) - my Tmax topbox came off a few months ago, and recently its started to come open every time I ride - the lid is bent, and its not fixable. However the workshop guy sold me an elderly but perfectly serviceable Givi big box for £30 which has to be a bargain!

OT (2) - In the workshop today was a Peugeot Satelis 500 - what a superb looking scoot!!!! Its not so much the styling but the beautiful detailing. Sadly anything that wasn't plastic looked rather rotten though....

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

K seal works wonders grumpy

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

It's true, Radweld or similar repairs can last for years. It only needs a pinhole to cause a leak since the radiator's under pressure.
If it was me though I'd keep a bit spare under the seat with some spare coolant, on longer trips... ;) :lol: