sh300 screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

sh300 screen

Post by Mister Paul »

Does anyone have a view on the screens available for the current model SH300? I've searched on here and elsewhere but most of the conversations are pretty dated.

Also, can someone let me know how the Givi Airflow screen attaches? I can't find fitting instructions online.

Thanks

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: sh300 screen

Post by richie the 1st »

Don't know about fitting,but I have one ,the older model,plus the 4 bolts.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Fabbri make quite decent screens for the current model having various options I.e summer / sport etc - here is a link to the website - you can source a supplier on eBay
http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/prodotto ... o=646&l=en

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

I have a Givi airflow screen on mine. Best one I've had. They attach on via brackets that bolt on with two bolts underneath the handlebars. Sort of like upside down question marks.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

Steve_D wrote:I have a Givi airflow screen on mine. Best one I've had. They attach on via brackets that bolt on with two bolts underneath the handlebars. Sort of like upside down question marks.
Thanks Steve. How sturdy is the fixing? Is it likely to damage the scoot if the screen gets a bang?

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

Definately not. My bikes been dropped twice. The first one broke the left hand lower corner of the screen, the second time some Scrote tried to nick it but dropped it while pushing it away and broke the right hand bottom corner. Both corners protect your hands from cold wind. If it was summer, I would have left it but it was winter so I fitted a new one.

Honda SH300i

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

Steve_D wrote:Definately not. My bikes been dropped twice. The first one broke the left hand lower corner of the screen, the second time some Scrote tried to nick it but dropped it while pushing it away and broke the right hand bottom corner. Both corners protect your hands from cold wind. If it was summer, I would have left it but it was winter so I fitted a new one.
Thanks again Steve.

What year is your SH? On the Givi site it doesn't show as available for the current model, and I'd be interested to know whether the one they're advertising would fit my 2017.

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

My one's a 2009 model. Check under the handlebar on each side and see whether there are two holes in the shroud with a pair of 8mm bolt threads. That's what I have and that's how the brackets fit on.

Honda SH300i

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

Steve_D wrote:My one's a 2009 model. Check under the handlebar on each side and see whether there are two holes in the shroud with a pair of 8mm bolt threads. That's what I have and that's how the brackets fit on.
Thanks. Givi got back to me this morning to say that they can't confirm whether the airflow screen will fit the current model, but their design team are continually working through new model bikes and updating their website constantly.

That's a bit disappointing seeing as the current SH300 has been out for a couple of years.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Mister Paul wrote: Thanks. Givi got back to me this morning to say that they can't confirm whether the airflow screen will fit the current model, but their design team are continually working through new model bikes and updating their website constantly.

That's a bit disappointing seeing as the current SH300 has been out for a couple of years.
That's bizarre really - the SH range is amongst the top sellers in Italy so you'd therefore have expect the new model to be at the very top of Givi's agenda. I keep checking whether they've brought out any bits for the X-ADV yet, but apparently not so far.