sh300 screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Re: sh300 screen

Post by Mister Paul »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Mister Paul wrote: Thanks. Givi got back to me this morning to say that they can't confirm whether the airflow screen will fit the current model, but their design team are continually working through new model bikes and updating their website constantly.

That's a bit disappointing seeing as the current SH300 has been out for a couple of years.
That's bizarre really - the SH range is amongst the top sellers in Italy so you'd therefore have expect the new model to be at the very top of Givi's agenda. I keep checking whether they've brought out any bits for the X-ADV yet, but apparently not so far.
Yup, it's bizarre. I've even tried to find an Italian SH300 forum so I can ask Italian riders, but I'm not managing with Google translate.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

I kid you not but when I first got mine there was an Italian SH owners forum and it was called www.HondaSH.it . I swear to God that's what it was called.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Steve_D wrote:I kid you not but when I first got mine there was an Italian SH owners forum and it was called http://www.HondaSH.it . I swear to God that's what it was called.
Excellent name - works as well for those who hate the damn things as for those who love 'em!!!

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

The scoot was delivered today. I love it.

No threads for a Givi screen though. Now I need to find the instructions and part number for the honda screen. Honda UK are being elusive and telling me to go to a dealer, but I'm not going to pay to have something fitted that I can install myself

I plan on ordering the Honda screen, which is tall, and the short Givi screen which needs the Honda brackets to fix to. I'll stick the Givi screen on for the summer and Honda for the winter.

solarbake
Current Ride: sh300

Post by solarbake »

Hi that's the part number of screen
P/N 08R70-K53-D00
You can get it direct from david silver spare its £115 inc vat you get handguards as well.
I have the handguards fitted but not the screen.
I have assembly pdf as well if you want it.

Cheers Solarbake

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

solarbake wrote:Hi that's the part number of screen
P/N 08R70-K53-D00
You can get it direct from david silver spare its £115 inc vat you get handguards as well.
I have the handguards fitted but not the screen.
I have assembly pdf as well if you want it.

Cheers Solarbake
Thanks, that's a really useful post.

I would appreciate a look at the assembly pdf before I bite the bullet. Can you attach it here or should I pm you my email address?

Thanks again.

solarbake
Current Ride: sh300

Post by solarbake »

I have it in ibooks but will have to take 4 pictures as it's a 4 page pdf and email to you it doesn't seem to let me email it only print.
so email, address needed
Cheers

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Mister Paul wrote:The scoot was delivered today. I love it.

No threads for a Givi screen though. Now I need to find the instructions and part number for the honda screen. Honda UK are being elusive and telling me to go to a dealer, but I'm not going to pay to have something fitted that I can install myself

I plan on ordering the Honda screen, which is tall, and the short Givi screen which needs the Honda brackets to fix to. I'll stick the Givi screen on for the summer and Honda for the winter.
Paul, try Neil on the parts dept in Hunts , they can get both honda and givi, and should give you a bit of discount if you tell them your an existing customer.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

horobags wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:The scoot was delivered today. I love it.

Paul, try Neil on the parts dept in Hunts , they can get both honda and givi, and should give you a bit of discount if you tell them your an existing customer.
Thanks. I've dropped him an email.

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul »

horobags wrote: Paul, try Neil on the parts dept in Hunts , they can get both honda and givi, and should give you a bit of discount if you tell them your an existing customer.
Neil called me back within 10 minutes of me emailing him. All sorted, screens on order.

Hunts get better and better.