Free On Two Wheels magazine

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Free On Two Wheels magazine

Post by bikerdezzie »

Had a glance at one a few weeks back, was about 40 pages and 30 of them adverts, and had the cheek to charge 4 poond odd, absoloute shite.
Dezzie

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

smeghead wrote:
DTO wrote:Just to make it clear twist & go magazine is NOT ending , Just the free copy of otw paper is not included , This can be picked up for free at most bike shops .

Don't all Bike's & scooters need the throttle twisted to go :idea:
I'm pretty certain I read it was closing down. It says that on page 4. It says if you're a subscriber then you'll get a cheque for the copies you've paid for and won't get. The new mag On Two Wheels is going to replace it but that's a freebie and I guess it won't be posted out!
Well bugger me just opened up the new issue and your right , I'm a subscriber & moderator on the t&g forum and nothing's been mentioned on there :oops:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

DTO wrote:
Well bugger me just opened up the new issue and your right , I'm a subscriber & moderator on the t&g forum and nothing's been mentioned on there :oops:
Just like industry the poor souls getting a kick in the b****** are the last to know

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

DTO wrote:
smeghead wrote:
DTO wrote:Just to make it clear twist & go magazine is NOT ending , Just the free copy of otw paper is not included , This can be picked up for free at most bike shops .

Don't all Bike's & scooters need the throttle twisted to go :idea:
I'm pretty certain I read it was closing down. It says that on page 4. It says if you're a subscriber then you'll get a cheque for the copies you've paid for and won't get. The new mag On Two Wheels is going to replace it but that's a freebie and I guess it won't be posted out!
If I'm honest I missed it too, I re-looked after reading this thread on here!

caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by caecilius »

Smeghead's right. The announcement on page 4 of the current magazine is very clear that the next issue will be the last.

I also agree with earlier commentators, that the inclusion of articles on geared bikes is at variance with the title of the magazine. I have latterly found myself skipping over half the content for that reason.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

DTO wrote:
to e fair there has only been two posts since xmas

one of them is mine moaning about the mag the other day :?
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Actually bought the May/June edition of T&G today!!!! Lots of potentially interesting stories - New Tmax, X-ADV, Peugeot Metropolis 400 tests, etc etc, but they don't seem to say very much. Not sure it was worth £4.10!

RuffStuff

Post by RuffStuff »

Snap... It's thinner than no frills bog roll too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

MrGrumpy wrote:Actually bought the May/June edition of T&G today!!!! Lots of potentially interesting stories - New Tmax, X-ADV, Peugeot Metropolis 400 tests, etc etc, but they don't seem to say very much. Not sure it was worth £4.10!
I subscribe for some reason, I use it as bog reading. The latest issue is by far the best for ages and it's still very lightweight. There is very little depth to the reviews, it's as if they are written for simpletons to read!

Walklikegump
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 K9

Post by Walklikegump »

smeghead wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Actually bought the May/June edition of T&G today!!!! Lots of potentially interesting stories - New Tmax, X-ADV, Peugeot Metropolis 400 tests, etc etc, but they don't seem to say very much. Not sure it was worth £4.10!
I subscribe for some reason, I use it as bog reading. The latest issue is by far the best for ages and it's still very lightweight. There is very little depth to the reviews, it's as if they are written for simpletons to read!
It's the writer's that are probably the simpletons. More than once i asked on Facebook if they used school kids to post for them.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Current: 2009 K9 Burgman
Previous : GPZ305 X7, Puch Maxi , MZ150 ( and more ), 15yr gap , Sym Joyride Evo 200i
Leicester