Who has/had an SH300?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: Who has/had an SH300?

Post by richie the 1st »

I Had one [ex-roadrunner] black,did 2000 miles on it,till some xxxxx xxxxxx nicked it.Would I have another one..?????????????????????? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Bought my 2nd sh 125,after,it was much better/smoother/more m.p.g/more ground clearance/more room for my size 11,s/much better seat Now on my 3rd sh 125.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Shouldn't have to think about having an SH300 if you've on your 3rd SH125 unless you're worried about running costs. Can't think of any other difference.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Had mine since new 2011 now with 2500 miles....must say it does everything I need and is so much fun to ride...I'm retired and living in Malta and the look on sports bike riders when I keep up with them around the narrow and twisty roads is a hoot.

So far nothing has gone wrong and I ride it like I stole it most of the time....probably keep it until I cant ride it any more, or one of the nutty drivers over here decides to pull out in front of me as they have on many occasion.
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

I have had two SH300 and they were very good scooters. I even toured Scotland on one and it managed the trip with all my camping gear. As I am sure you are aware, they handle very well due to the large wheels, have sufficient power, good brakes and reasonable mpg. I also fitted Givi's Airflow screen which worked very well indeed. Storage is somewhat 'limited' but the top box provided with the scooters helped.
My current Scooter is a Vespa GTS300 which I have to say suits my frame much better i.e more comfort, legroom. It also has better storage than the 2009 / 2011 models SH300 that I had. Mpg is very similar on both but the SH wins on service intervals. Of the two marques I prefer the Vespa but as has been said on this forum many a time, it's down to individuals choice, horses for course and all that.
Enjoy your new ride!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh another thing - mine was downright scary in high winds!!! And you are very exposed...

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

road runner wrote:I have had two SH300 and they were very good scooters. I even toured Scotland on one and it managed the trip with all my camping gear. As I am sure you are aware, they handle very well due to the large wheels, have sufficient power, good brakes and reasonable mpg. I also fitted Givi's Airflow screen which worked very well indeed. Storage is somewhat 'limited' but the top box provided with the scooters helped.
My current Scooter is a Vespa GTS300 which I have to say suits my frame much better i.e more comfort, legroom. It also has better storage than the 2009 / 2011 models SH300 that I had. Mpg is very similar on both but the SH wins on service intervals. Of the two marques I prefer the Vespa but as has been said on this forum many a time, it's down to individuals choice, horses for course and all that.
Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks. Yeah, I looked at the GTS300 (Fowlers in Bristol are doing them for £3999 at the moment), but I'm a year-round biker and don't want a scoot that I'm going to have to protect from rust.

Bobs

Post by Bobs »

I've got a 2007 SH300 in Black, bought this summer with about 19k on the clock, I think its had a pretty hard life but you wouldn't know it until you start to delve into it. Keep it well serviced, mine did come with a full service history and it should do you right for many years/miles to come.

The bike came with a super tall Givi screen which I love, PITA when it drizzles but hoping RainX will help there. Overall great bike, its my first twist and go and makes me realise I should have bought one years ago! Great mix of practicality and fun.

john freeman
Current Ride: sh300+innova

Post by john freeman »

I've only had mine a few weeks (bought new - £4250) and been delighted so far. I've been on motorbikes for the past 50 years so for the first hour or two I was pulling in the 'clutch' ready to change gear when accelerating which was interesting given it's the rear brake. A major gripe is that there's no factory service manual from Honda, though there are older models' pdf manuals on line (hopefully they'll do). Minor gripes are the seat feels pretty hard after the first hour, and working out the various pins and clips to take the panels off is a pain. It's a pity the power outlet is under the seat rather than easily reached in the glove-box, but really, overall, I'm very happy.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Very happy is good, they are a great scooter by all accounts.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Mister Paul wrote:Does anyone have any experience of the Honda or Givi short screens?
Fabbri summer screen on my sh300i