Who has/had an SH300?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Who has/had an SH300?

Post by Mister Paul »

I've paid the deposit on a new SH300, which is being delivered next week. I've always changed machines to suit circumstances -long motorway commute = decent-sized motorbike, short urban commute=125, that sort of thing. Now I have my full license and don't need a mile muncher, but need something I don't have to dress up in armour for, I've gone for the SH300.

There don't seem to be that many owners around outside of London. I'd be interested to see how many on here have or had one, and your views and tips.

Thanks

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Who has/had an SH300?

Post by Steve_D »

I've had mine from new in 2009. Perfect commuter scooter for my needs. Small enough to filter in heavy traffic with enough poke to reach max speed limits and beyond. Don't matter what you ride though - if you fall off, it hurts so armour is down to you. I just wear gloves and textile jacket on mine for the commute, I only wear full gear when touring on my big bike.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive had 3, ;) only sold my last one because mrs horobags rides a lot pillion nowerdays. The sh handled the two up weight ok, but It felt a bit cramped.
The sh300 is so much fun to ride, exellent brakes and a fast smooth motor,light but quite tall so you still have lots of road presence.
I'll have another one one day.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

solarbake
Current Ride: sh300

Post by solarbake »

I have one 2016 done 3500 miles it be year old in june,will service it myself probably
part ex for new one after 3 years,
really pleased with it had up to 94mpg but normally high 80's
Fitted heated grips and clear honda hand guards but no screen,really is quick and smooth,
breaks are awsome,
What colour you gone for ,have fun with it,
regards Solarbake

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I owned one in 2009 (think it was)

Commuted to London on it and covered over 20000 miles in a year.

Only issues (not really the right word) for me where it was no good when it snowed (to much torque to back wheel, but not exclusive to SH) & the rear suspension rusted,dealer said leave it till spring to claim as bad winter then come spring stated it had been a bad winter so no claim. Again not the bikes fault just crap dealer.
Some had a fuel pump(think it was) issue that caused stalling mine never suffered and was changed under warranty.

As for owning another YES I would and it was on my shortlist but I needed more pillion room/under seat storage.

It was also the best selling scooter in Italy (speaks volumes) not sure if it still is.

You've made a good choice and will like it

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I had one. Fabulous engine even it showed its Motocross origins at times! Good economy and it was great fun stomping up the outside lane on a pizza bike passing 'proper' bikes!
However, I found it too uncomfortable - too cramped for one thing. Its very small....
The total lack of useful storage was a bummer as well, though I believe this has been fixed on the new one. Does it come with a screen these days? If not, you will need one - its very exposed and cold in the winter.

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

I currently own a 2011 model - I purchased it less than a year ago with 600 miles on the odometer which today reads 6750 miles - mine came with the rather high OEM screen and the clear handguards - also has the Honda colour coded topbox which is of excellent quality and really useful - average miles per gallon is around 85 - this week I replaced the original metzeler feelfree tyres with michilin citygrips - I change the engine oil and filter every two thousand miles because I believe it's worth it - the Sh300i accelerates fast off the line and has a top speed of around 90 miles per hour - I have experienced no mechanical issues whatsoever - I would definitely advocate the fitment of a screen and also the Honda topbox - enjoy your new scooter - you have chosen an excellent machine

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

Thanks chaps.

I've gone for black.

Does anyone have any experience of the Honda or Givi short screens?

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Had a givi once...decent but created noise!

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

I have the Givi airflow screen. Very good and better than the standard Givi screen.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i