Missing out......

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Missing out......

Post by BenR »

Hi all whilst browsing gumtree the other week I stumbled upon a 2009 piaggio xevo for 200 quid! Text the seller to arrange a viewing he said to text him Sunday morning so I did. "Sorry mate I sold the bike on ebay". Damn! :( Anyone else have things like that happen to them? Seems to happen to me quite a bit.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Missing out......

Post by Waldorf »

Story of my life; you have my sympathy.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its always the way. There always a fantastic bargain that you've just missed and as soon as you buy something, a much better bargain is advertised! There again, you can be consoled by the thought that if something looks too good to be real, it probably is....

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Lucky I managed to pick up a bargain with the new car. Picked up a ex demo literally just as it went in sale. 4 months old, with 1400 miles and got it very cheap indeed, effectively 25% off of the price of a new one plus it is mid range so has some toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Took the wife to national car dealer to view a model of a car that was the same as an ex demo model 150 miles away. Managed to get test drive but was constantly being asked if we had considered a new car. Declined offer of new but left a deposit on ex demo subject to it being viewed locally. Turned up 2 days later to view and test drive ex demo only to told it had been sold a day ago. Kicked up a stink with sales rep and told him as I had paid deposit on it 2 days ago they had effectively sold my car. As voices rose depot manager appeared to calm things down . Explained what had happened and was then offered a new car. Told them the demo had only 900 miles on it and was £1500 cheaper than new so why should I buy new. The manager then offered me a new car, our choice of colour, higher spec for same price as demo. Needless to say we accepted. the offer.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Re-sult!!!!! :D
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I bought an 8 month old Zafira at Christmas, 8k miles. It has the brand new 2ltr diesel ''whisper'' engine. I got it for c50% of it's new price. Well pleased, it pulls the caravan splendidly.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Lol, always good to get one over on the salesmen !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

smeghead wrote:I bought an 8 month old Zafira at Christmas, 8k miles. It has the brand new 2ltr diesel ''whisper'' engine. I got it for c50% of it's new price. Well pleased, it pulls the caravan splendidly.
I heard they were selling like hot-cakes. Is that the model that comes with a free fire extinguisher? :mrgreen: Jus' jokin'
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Steve_D wrote:
smeghead wrote:I bought an 8 month old Zafira at Christmas, 8k miles. It has the brand new 2ltr diesel ''whisper'' engine. I got it for c50% of it's new price. Well pleased, it pulls the caravan splendidly.
I heard they were selling like hot-cakes. Is that the model that comes with a free fire extinguisher? :mrgreen: Jus' jokin'
Got to be a reason why it was cheap!