I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
User avatar
andyscooter
Benefactor
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:27 am
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200
Location: bromsgrove
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by andyscooter » Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 am

not too far from me to be fair

but no scoot at the mo

I do know of a cracking café by bridgenorth
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

User avatar
rjc1944
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 pm
Current Ride: 2014 Vespa GTS300SS
Location: Perranporth, Cornwall
Contact:
England
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by rjc1944 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:52 am

Good luck with your move down south (Norwich is quite a bit further north than Shrewsbury). Lovely riding country round there. You'll need to read up about hills and mountains, and get used to a far smaller sky!
2014 Vespa 300 GTS in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her Vespa.

Liam
Benefactor
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 pm
Current Ride: Tmax
Location: South Normanton. The crap bit of lovely Derbyshire
Korea South
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by Liam » Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 am

Ferret wrote:Grumpy it's north when you live in Norfolk lol
rjc1944 wrote:Good luck with your move down south (Norwich is quite a bit further north than Shrewsbury)
That's enough! slap.gif]
As I've got Geography O-level, we'll settle on it being a move West!

Ferret
Benefactor
Posts: 1436
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 am
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by Ferret » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Well we found a new home in a place I can't prenounce properly lol . It's a mile away from lake vymwy In mid Wales . So unless the other party back out all the legal crap will start next week . It's simply stunning round there and the roads are in pretty good shape to .

User avatar
Meldrew
Benefactor
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:23 pm
Current Ride: Honda
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Great Britain
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by Meldrew » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:56 pm

I was down that way on that hot weekend at the end of March with Mrs M and some of the family. We enjoyed our stay at the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and Spa. It has great scenic views over the reservoir and we had and walk down to and over the dam, it's really nice round there.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Posts: 5625
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:50 pm
Current Ride: T-max mk6
Location: Teesside UK
England
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by MrGrumpy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 am

Ferret wrote:Well we found a new home in a place I can't prenounce properly lol . It's a mile away from lake vymwy In mid Wales . So unless the other party back out all the legal crap will start next week . It's simply stunning round there and the roads are in pretty good shape to .
Its fantastically beautiful in that area - but you'll be a decent distance away from anything! Winter weather might be worse out there, so Scoot riding opportunities in the Winter could be more limited than you are used to...

Scootypuff snr
Benefactor
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 9:14 am
Current Ride: fjs-silver wing
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
England
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by Scootypuff snr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 am

MrGrumpy wrote:
Its fantastically beautiful in that area - but you'll be a decent distance away from anything! Winter weather might be worse out there, so Scoot riding opportunities in the Winter could be more limited than you are used to...
Oh time to invest in a winter hack or trail bike then build a custom off road scoot 8-)
I'm going there,but I like it here,wherever it is

User avatar
The Bern
Benefactor
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 pm
Current Ride: Silverwing 600
Location: Telford
Great Britain
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by The Bern » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 am

It's a 'magic' place in the winter, all sparkles & twinkles, a visit to the 'ice wall' is an absolute must & the road from Lake Vyrnwy to Llangower has a marvelous view at it's highest point.
Have wheels, will travel :D

User avatar
Alanzzg
Benefactor
Posts: 2771
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 4:12 pm
Current Ride: None
Location: Stoke on Trent
Great Britain
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by Alanzzg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am

The Bern wrote:It's a 'magic' place in the winter, all sparkles & twinkles, a visit to the 'ice wall' is an absolute must & the road from Lake Vyrnwy to Llangower has a marvelous view at it's highest point.
We will have to do a ride thet way some time soon.
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

User avatar
The Bern
Benefactor
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:04 pm
Current Ride: Silverwing 600
Location: Telford
Great Britain
Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by The Bern » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 am

Alanzzg wrote:
The Bern wrote:It's a 'magic' place in the winter, all sparkles & twinkles, a visit to the 'ice wall' is an absolute must & the road from Lake Vyrnwy to Llangower has a marvelous view at it's highest point.
We will have to do a ride thet way some time soon.
Good plan Alan 8-) I'll see if I can work a route from the tea room at the lake to the Ugly House tea room near Capel Curig, would be a nice 'hello' from the Ugly Bunch to Ferret :kiss: :D Deffo be an opertunity to say . Bern you twat, you got us lost again . :lol:
Have wheels, will travel :D


Post Reply