I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by MrGrumpy »

Have fun! Though after a day or 2 and 3 houses you'll be sick of the entire process!! Its not as though Anglesey and Llangollen are close to each other either, especially in holiday time!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I am a mile from the A55 at Holywell and it's been mad here on the roads from Thursday on, it will be again tomorrow and then Monday/Tuesday as the lemmings all head home.. :lol:
Pop in for a brew if you get this side..
Lyn.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Well many thanx for the offer and we may well do as we are actually looking at a house in/ near Holywell . You may well be able to enlighten us to where is good or bad as your a local . Contact details to follow .

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

not a million miles away from me ether loads of great rides around the area. close meet up point are Raven , Laila's Cafe Ltd, Craven Arms, plus ludlow castle , bikes park on the huge path by the market. and my fav is crossgates mid wales, an 20mins further the Elan valley dams .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

But we have the Snowdonia national park and local moors to play on :lol:
Lar lar la lar Larrrrr :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Make sure if coming to live in Wales you check the local broadband speed, as we do not have super fast here in most places..ALL the money is spent in the f***ing South of Wales just as all the money in England is spent in the south...Political bollocks over now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holywell does have super fast Caerwys where my exchange is does not...and the two exchanges mingle at CH88 post codes.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Well after looking at so many places , the wife has got it down to 3 all of which are getting a second viewing next Wednesday . We have 1 in Ruddlan , 1 in Penycae and 1 in Johnstown .1 thing I did get in Wales is a speeding ticket , I was following the estate agent to a viewing along the Kimmel coast road and got a 35 in a 30 . I am normally very conscious of speed in built up area ,but I was so trying to follow the agent ,yet here's the thing I got done ,she did not yet I was just behind her .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote:.1 thing I did get in Wales is a speeding ticket , I was following the estate agent to a viewing along the Kimmel coast road and got a 35 in a 30 .
Welcome to Wales....it puts me off even visiting the place!

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Grumpy ,with that in mind I was very careful for the next visit and while I was on the A55 express way @70mph ,I was apart from the Lorrys the slowest person on it ,they was flying along even through the @50mph section . A parently the police are only really onit as regards speeding during the holiday period up there .Why did they send the NIP in Welsh ?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: .Why did they send the NIP in Welsh ?
Either because they want to make you feel like a foreigner or that they hope that as you can't understand it, you'll ignore it, allowing them to charge you with further crimes with bigger punishments - thus appearing to be doing their job better.