I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: I,m relocating to Shropshire/Wales

Post by rayb »

MrGrumpy wrote:Glad you are getting sorted....house transactions - what a nightmare! Something should be done to rationalise the process.
In Portugal, you have to pay a non-returnable 10% deposit. Surprising how smoothly transactions go.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

rayb wrote:The roads are so good because they are not continually pounded into dust by 50 ton juggernauts. You just need to watch out for sheep. Some of the best riding's to be done around the Brecons. Best of luck with your move.
Abergavenny used to be full of bikes on a summer Sunday 100s of them, I like it around Crickhowell, sugar loaf, used to be a PGL adventure centre on Llangorse lake, walked many times on pen y fan, cribbin, to do the horse shoe walk from the dam, and drive the gap road in our old Landy

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Snail wrote: drive the gap road in our old Landy

Gap road was reclassified a few years back bud, no longer a BOAT :( Strata Florida is still open :D gotta luv the water crossings, did you ever do the 'bombhole' :o
Have wheels, will travel :D

Jonathan Jo
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by Jonathan Jo »

Ferret wrote:Grumpy it's north when you live in Norfolk lol . Yes the Raven ,not been up there for over a year far to long .
Actually it's just about exactly west from Norfolk. North Norfolk is at a higher latitude than Oswestry.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

The Bern wrote:
Snail wrote: drive the gap road in our old Landy

Gap road was reclassified a few years back bud, no longer a BOAT :( Strata Florida is still open :D gotta luv the water crossings, did you ever do the 'bombhole' :o
Yes of course water over the bonnet, been all over Wales we stayed at the off road centre at llanachinda farm years ago they had a map room with all routes marked up, 110 county 200tdi, snorkel, bfg muds, polybushed pto winch etc, also went on a 10 day tour to the Alps with Atlas overland, days of old before most routes were shut down, we had the fosse way locally and salisbury plain was good.