Helmets at Asda

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Helmets at Asda

Post by Sylar »

Went to get fuel at Asda in Radcliffe lancs, been going there since it opened about 15years ago. I normally use the card only pump, but several cars waiting in that line ,so went to empty ordinary pump. Attendant says over loudspeaker "remove your helmet". I shout " it is open face you can see me". He says again take helmet off. I go to his kiosk and say look at me it is open face you can clearly see me. He just says take helmet off. Luckily for him he is in a kiosk so I cannot get at him. I take his name and go into Asda and ask for Manager, after ten minutes of waiting a junior manager turns up. He says the police tell them to tell bikers to take helmets off, I tell him there are three types of helmet full , flip up and the one I am wearing open face. He then goes on about fuel theft, I tell him a bike can only hold maximum of 20ltres. Cars 40_50. I then say what do you do about a woman in a hajab you can only see their eyes, he just said well you know, no, I don't know you tell me. Upshot was, nothing I could do , but on the way out , pay at pump was free so I filled up there. I have not been so angry for years and I had to wait awhile before going for my ride.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Helmets at Asda

Post by Funkycowie »

I have never had this issue as I always have taken my helmet off even before it was a MUST, I'm just glad to take it off to get some air and give my head a break.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

you have too do what they want , as you are on there property buying there petrol ETC, its not worth going down the religious route especially in this day and age!!! I don't agree with what goes on but all i want is some fuel,
and either get home or work or even better out to enjoy a ride!!!!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Sorry, I don't understand the problem here, how hard is it to take your helmet off
Have wheels, will travel :D

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

..... and before that, take my gloves off, flip up seat, find key and wallet, then locate a place to rest my helmet.
I'll keep my helmet on Bern. So the majority have to remove helmets thanks to the minority, who want to steal petrol?

Nah!

I've not yet ever had to remove a helmet for petrol and I ain't gonna start now.

BTW, my last petrol stop was at ASDA this week - I was not asked to remove helmet. Perhaps the microphone-monkey had a bee in his bonnet, with a shite excuse about police advising him - BS!

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

victor wrote:you have too do what they want , as you are on there property buying there petrol ETC, its not worth going down the religious route especially in this day and age!!! I don't agree with what goes on but all i want is some fuel,
and either get home or work or even better out to enjoy a ride!!!!
Actually Victor, it is worth it. I cannot understand how a Hijab is OK but a helmet isn't.
Maybe you can explain.
It's depressing that we cannot stand up for ourselves because someone plays the ''racist'' card.
I wholeheartedly agree with Sylar, I too would have been livid, as for ASDA blaming the rozzers I reckon that is total and utter shite.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Never had an issue with a flip lid... and just once with a full face...
Now use ASDA unattended / pay at pump most of the time on my commute, or the Tesco - who see loads of commuters and a are a freindly bunch...
If asked i'd simply take it off its no biggie and certainly nothing to get stressed about!

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Its not that easy to remove a helmet if it also means removing glasses so I prefer to boycott these filling stations. There is a tendency for all retail outlets to try to influence customer behaviour and its never in the interests of the customer. I don't use automatic self service in supermarkets for the similar reasons and I will continue to use cash, or cheques for postal payment, as long as I possibly can.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i have had the same experience its ridiculious.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I had a similar experiance in a petrol station west just out of Scarborough, it was the way they said it very narky/unpleasantly as I did`nt pick it up the first time it was announced via the speaker thing. Did`nt realise what they were saying or talking to me at first.

I just hopped back on the bike and found a lovely little post office with just two pumps along the way towards Pickering and always go there now if I need any when that way.

I always get my petrol from our also a post office and filling station, very low key set up in our village.

Never use money, just get a bill every now and again, or drop it in a few days later etc.

The diesel is far better than super market stuff too and does noticeably more to the gallon.

When in the Yorkshire Dales I also make sure I fill up at the little local spot in Hawes as well.

Always try to get fuel from small independent places where I can.

Best Mark.