Helmets at Asda

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: Helmets at Asda

Post by Sylar »

I see most people find it annoying at very least, to be asked to remove a helmet, this was the first time in over 50yrs of riding I had ever been asked to remove helmet, I felt like they were saying you cannot be trusted, and are a possible thief.It was more annoying because it was open face, I guess the answer is to use only the pay at the pump at petrol stations

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

I actually do out of courtesy remove my helmet when going to pay but I will not take my helmet off while I fill up the tank

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I usually use a Shell station near me and have never been asked either. In fact over the years it's probably been only once or twice I've been asked using a wide variety of petrol stations. I've always thought that once I lift the flip front and my grey beard and aged visage becomes apparent I get the respect which advanced years deserve, and they don't bother to ask (they know we can't run as fast). It might be different if I was in an Adidas track suit, hoodie and trainers though.. :?

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Shell have changed their policy since I last used them in 2012,3 local Shell stations insisted I took my helmet off,I wouldn't.Just before last Christmas I Posted a sarcastic comment on Shells Facebook page inferring Santa would not get Fuel if he were on a motorcycle unless he took his hat off.They contacted me and told me their policy had changed and if I was asked to remove helmet let them know where/when.I still won't use them though

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Today I went to Asda in Bolton( Blackburn Rd) a queue for pay at the pump, went to another pump, as did my friend on his bike. No problem at all. Woman in kiosk said we are told to tell motorcyclists to remove helmets,but, we are told to use common sense and I could clearly see your faces in open faced helmets. Seems it was the person at fault rather than the company.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I went in a shell station on my honda 90 in urmston at weekend, attendant wouldnt turn pump on until I removed my helmet, I said no! so he turned it on. When I went in to pay I said 'if I was a female with a burker on would you ask me to remove that?' he said 'yes', I said 'your lying' and paid.Thats the last time they get my £2.50.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.