New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Post by Ferret »

That's why I was looking at changing my 16" front for a 17" or even a 15" . Thetes. Guy in France who has fitted a t max front end complete to a gp800 ,achieved by fitting a top yoke and cutting out some of the top panel to accomidate the yoke movement .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote:That's why I was looking at changing my 16" front for a 17" or even a 15" . Thetes. Guy in France who has fitted a t max front end complete to a gp800 ,achieved by fitting a top yoke and cutting out some of the top panel to accomidate the yoke movement .
It might be cheaper and easier to buy a complete Tmax and ride that.......

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Grumpy a wet weather ride update . Firstly it was a humid day and we had everything from drizzle to storms and all In between going from wet to dry areas for the who.e 250 miles .
The tyre stuck brilliantly never even a twitch over greasey manhole covers or painted lines ( not used to this from a pirelli ) . High speed cornering and braking are just fine . Now we just need a test in cold weather with cold rain . The tyre is wearing very evenly as well ATM .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

As I've said in another post its a good summer to test wet weather grip and gear! As you say, such behaviour from Pirellis is not what you'd expect! The Bridgestones on the Tmax are fantastic in the wet, but the Michelin CItygrips on the Bev continue to baffle me.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

I continue to be impressed even in a heavy down poor these tyres still seem to offer great grip and control . The wear is also very even and at 2k they look hardly worn but from past experince with pirellis I expect them to suddenly wear and loose performance ,saying that I have been very surprised so far .

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Good afternoon people well I have had good operatunity to test these tyres in the bad weather and the snow and ice filled mornings . I,m really surprised how much grip these pirellis offer in bad conditions. They just seem to keep gripping as if they was new . There's over 3k on this set and they look like they will do another 3k , if they do I will be impressed as compared to the oe fitment diablo tyres which only worked in the dry and did not last at all .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sounds very un-Pirelli like! Can't say the Bridgestones on the new Tmax are impressing me that much in the cold and damp....very little feel.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Happy new year Grumpy , I've been told that oe tyres even if they are named the same as an aftermarket tyre are actually of a lower spec than that of the same tyre purchased as a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'd heard that OE tyres could be different to those you can buy afterwards, but could be worse rather than better!!! So who knows!
Of course, could be a difference relating to the country of origin...its possible that (say) Bridgestone do different versions of their tyres for the Japanese and European markets for some obscure reason, then Tmaxs might come with Japanese spec tyres. I'm just speculating so I'm probably wrong. There again, the Tmax DX comes on Dunlops rather than Bridgestones....are Dunlops shipped out to Japan to be fitted to Tmaxs, which are then shipped to Europe, or where are Dunlop scooter tyres made these days???

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

MrGrumpy wrote:I'd heard that OE tyres could be different to those you can buy afterwards, but could be worse rather than better!!! So who knows!
Of course, could be a difference relating to the country of origin...its possible that (say) Bridgestone do different versions of their tyres for the Japanese and European markets for some obscure reason, then Tmaxs might come with Japanese spec tyres. I'm just speculating so I'm probably wrong. There again, the Tmax DX comes on Dunlops rather than Bridgestones....are Dunlops shipped out to Japan to be fitted to Tmaxs, which are then shipped to Europe, or where are Dunlop scooter tyres made these days???
I think Dunlop have been jap owned since the 70's, if not there was a sort of partnership. Certainly i remember one of my 80's bikes with o.e. Dunlops that were 'made in japan'. Because of possible litigation and reputation, oe tyres are selected for stability not grip or longevity. I have a pirelli front that is 'made in Brazil' that will get replaced in the spring. I don't 100% trust it in the wet but has given no issues so assume it performs as if 'made in italy'. Are there tyres developed for different markets ( weather/temperature/road construction)? Not sure, but i would hope so. Road construction must vary, we get melted tar in heatwaves, i don't recall that happening in italy or the south of france.