New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Post by Davefirestorm »

Our American Burgman riders seem to get higher mileage’s out of their tyres than us due maybe to style of riding/roads compared to ours ie bends/shorter journeys/stop start overtaking etc. Why they stick car tyres in is beyond me,I wouldn’t do it as it would spoil my ride experience,but each to their own as they say. Hope we don’t start a debate on “dark siding” lol

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Evening people just an update on the Pirelli diablo rosso along term performance . They are still going strong even in the cold and wet conditions with no real drop off in grip .I expected them to have squared off by now ,but no and they look like they will do another 3 k on top of the 5k I have on them . I have to give them 10 out of 10 which pains me as I don't normally rate Pirelli tyres on bikes , I would buy again .

Bern

Post by Bern »

Davefirestorm wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:53 pm Our American Burgman riders seem to get higher mileage’s out of their tyres than us due maybe to style of riding/roads compared to ours ie bends/shorter journeys/stop start overtaking etc. Why they stick car tyres in is beyond me,I wouldn’t do it as it would spoil my ride experience,but each to their own as they say. Hope we don’t start a debate on “dark siding” lol
No debate bud, happily here in the UK it's illegal to fit car tyres to motorbikes/scooters :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm Evening people just an update on the Pirelli diablo rosso along term performance . They are still going strong even in the cold and wet conditions with no real drop off in grip .I expected them to have squared off by now ,but no and they look like they will do another 3 k on top of the 5k I have on them . I have to give them 10 out of 10 which pains me as I don't normally rate Pirelli tyres on bikes , I would buy again .
Thanks for the update. When I needed new tyres for the mk6 my confidence failed me and I went for Michelin PR4s! I did consider Metzelers but I could the Michelins pretty cheaply through Pneus Online. You are getting good life out of the Pirellis...I seem to be very hard on tyres, and got around 4600 miles out of the OE Bridgestones (they weren't totally knackered, but getting close). The Pirellis aren't cheap though, if I recall correctly.

btw I'm pretty happy with the Michelins - feel & grip in the wet are decent, though probably not as good as the B.stones. Anyway, better than playing Russian Roulette with the Bev on CItyGrips! Only done a 1000 miles so no idea how they are going to last yet.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

"btw I'm pretty happy with the Michelins - feel & grip in the wet are decent, though probably not as good as the B.stones. Anyway, better than playing Russian Roulette with the Bev on CItyGrips! Only done a 1000 miles so no idea how they are going to last yet."

My Michelin PR4's are now 3000 miles old, and they still look great. When I got them, I did notice a bit more road noise from the front tyre on rough roads (due to the design of the front tyre, with all the cut outs for the wet)

Aaron

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

ALL the tech info as to why NOT to put a car tyre on a M/C is in this forum thread:

https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15560
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

oblong
Current Ride: Satelis

Post by oblong »

I used to love diablos on my vfr

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

On my crossrunner I have Bridgestone A41 tyres which I am also impressed with so far ,but I do think they will wear quickly as they feel very soft .I feel that the feedback from the tyre award still goes to Michelin but do agree that there is more road noise from them . I will probably try metzeler road tech 01 next for the crossrunner as these have been highly rated especially in wet grip,feel, and wear rate .I have pretty much been a Michelin convert since the first pilot series came out ,but feel that the other makers have caught up and even excel them in some areas .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I have seen a couple of comments that the PR4s on the Tmax give a 'fuzzy' feel to the handling, but I've never really noticed this in the dry. As I mentioned, feel in the wet is not perfect (especially at low speeds), but there seems to be plenty of underlying grip. I've never noticed much road noise, but I've got earplugs in all the time!