New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New tyres pirelli Diablo Rosso scooter radial

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh well, keep me informed. The new Tmax has Bridgestones (SCre to be precise). The handling is amazing (in the dry, haven't ridden it in the wet yet) though the ride is on the firm side - kind of like the mk4 on Bridgestones. Currently thinking of putting Michelin Pilot Road 4 on when the time comes. Didn't get to see how long the PR4s lasted on the mk4, but they'd been on for a couple of thousand miles and hardly looked worn.
Interestingly the Tmax DX comes with Dunlop Roadsmarts, about which I know nothing. Don't know if they do the right sizes put possibly another option for the SRV?

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i dont like Pirelli as they use soft rubber which means the tyre wears out alot quicker than other brands who use more carbon in the mix with the rubber meaning the tyre is more durable and long lasting.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I found the golden tyre ,produce by the makers of the FIM super Moto World Series tyres to be the best grip out of any ,but saying that the Michelin pilot road 4 was brill in all conditions but did have a bit of movement when pushed had .I value grip over longevity more .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: the Michelin pilot road 4 was brill in all conditions but did have a bit of movement when pushed had .I value grip over longevity more .
In that case the Michelin Pilot Power 3 sounds like your ideal tyre....
http://moto.michelin.co.uk/GB/en/tyres/ ... ooter.html

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Ferret wrote: the Michelin pilot road 4 was brill in all conditions but did have a bit of movement when pushed had .I value grip over longevity more .
In that case the Michelin Pilot Power 3 sounds like your ideal tyre....
http://moto.michelin.co.uk/GB/en/tyres/ ... ooter.html
Nah, that's no good .... "Exceptional grip particularly on dry surfaces" ..... Wales & dry surfaces in the same sentence don't happen very often ;)
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Bern wrote: Nah, that's no good .... "Exceptional grip particularly on dry surfaces" ..... Wales & dry surfaces in the same sentence don't happen very often ;)
....which is why the proposed 'Circuit of Wales' wasn't welcomed with open arms by some in the MotoGP paddock! I believe that the Power Road 3 is intended as very sports orientated tyre, and its wet grip isn't that brilliant, with not a lot of tread. However, the Pilot Road 4 is very good in Welsh conditions!

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

The only problem with Michelin is that they claim to be making a tyre to fit your bike then don't do it so you can't get a matched set . You speak to Michelin uk who say they do have tyres yet all sites say it's discontinued etc hence I had little choice but to go for the pirellis . Grumpy I found the power pure sc to be a great tyre even in the wet but yet again no front fitment for my srv .

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

As for wet Wales I will bring the sun with me when we move . Hopefully

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Ferret wrote:As for wet Wales I will bring the sun with me when we move . Hopefully
Just convincing the rain to stay in Wales & not roll into Shropshire would be good bud :lol: :kiss:
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Ferret wrote: . Grumpy I found the power pure sc to be a great tyre even in the wet but yet again no front fitment for my srv .
The Power Pure SC was utterly amazing in the wet - it felt sharper and sportier in the wet than the dry! On the mk4 Tmax it was a decent tyre that gave a surprisingly smooth & comfortable ride, but kind of lacked sportiness. The feel was OK, but felt you had to work a little harder in corners than you might think.
As for tyre sizes, its noticeable that you can get Tmax sizes (120/70-15 and 160/60-15) in anything, but that's more or less it! Some do 14" versions (for Burger 650 I presume). BMWs have the same size as the Tmax as will/would have the AK550. I always thought it was an advantage of the Integra that it has 17" wheels, so the tyre choice must be huge.