Xmax300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Xmax300

Post by StephenC »

Just put a deposit down on a white one. shitting-it.gif

Short of funds so I'm using the J300 as the deposit on a PCP which means for the next 3 years I'm committed to £54 a month. Of course in 3 years time I'll have to work something out! Current idea is to put a little away each month so there's a fair size pot when I need to make the big decision on what to do next.

Will do the usual photos and stuff when I get it, which shouldn't be long as they have one in stock.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Xmax300

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote:Just put a deposit down on a white one. shitting-it.gif

Short of funds so I'm using the J300 as the deposit on a PCP which means for the next 3 years I'm committed to £54 a month. Of course in 3 years time I'll have to work something out! Current idea is to put a little away each month so there's a fair size pot when I need to make the big decision on what to do next.
That's how it works! You don't have any ready cash, so you go for a PCP, but in 3 years you probably won't have any ready cash either, so the salesman will sell you something else on PCP as its cheaper for you!
Anyway, congrats & hope you enjoy the Xmax.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

great news lad, put some by and settle at the end ...idd say
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Would be nice to know how the 300 compares to the 250 and 400...
What will you be gaining, or look to gain over the J300?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

XMax400Paul wrote:Would be nice to know how the 300 compares to the 250 and 400...
What will you be gaining, or look to gain over the J300?
I'm not getting a new J300 mainly because it has stood still since launch in 2014 whereas the Xmax has since gained the same power output, plus traction and keyless. It also has more internal storage and a longer service interval. The Xmax 300 looks (to me) a lot better now than previously. I was disappointed with Kawasaki UK's interest in scooter owners too.

I considered the Forza but I have never been too keen on it, really. The Downtown 350 could have been a contender but Kymco are not bringing it in. Regarding Sym's, I am not encouraged by their dealer network but I am not counting the bikes out forever and will see what's what in 3 years. What would have rocked my boat would have been a Satelis 400 but there is no sign of ABS and a dealer told me they were probably going to drop it altogether anyway.

On the other hand, I am going to miss the looks of the J300 and suspect that the Yam will be less fun to ride and have less road presence (the green of the SE really makes a difference, IMO). I am going to miss it.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Congratulations on getting the new scoot.

There is a wide choice of scooters out there at present but sadly the importers are just not fulfilling the potential & offloading old stock. I took forever looking settling on a dated/deleted model in the end but I sldo have the bike(s?)

Being nosey did you buy from Alphas??

Looking forward to the pics & reviews and if you fancy a coffee & chat (me being snouty lol) let me know

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Just wondered if anything was up with your present scoot, fell out of love or just fancied a change...
Page and a bit last weeks MCN... And a fair amout on there web site and favourable reviewz on visordown...
Enjoy!

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Whoa fantastic Stephen. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures.... :D
SEAT MO

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Nice looking scoot. I hope you have plenty of fun together! :)

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

It's lovely, I hope you bond.