Its here....

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: Its here....

Post by Sylar »

I have not been following your run up to buying this Scooter, can I ask what price you paid for it?

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Funkycowie wrote:Seeing it in that picture has settled it for me, I really don't like the look, they have lost their ability to design a good looking TMax... sorry!
The mk3 was the prettiest. This one's front end is quite interesting, but very in your face...
Yeah the mk3 is good but you have a nice bit of kit.
I even wanted to purchase one and guess what i cant.
NZ draws there stock out of Australia and they still have stock of mk5,s so im out of luck any time soon!!
Enjoy that machine
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sylar wrote:I have not been following your run up to buying this Scooter, can I ask what price you paid for it?
Away down South (wilting in the heat) and out of cyberspace most of the time.

Wigan Yamaha originally advertised an ex-demo model at a suspiciously good price, but then said it wasn't for sale. I suspect it was a lure for plonker punters like me! Instead they offered me a deal on a new one. The list price is £9600 - they took £600 off and offered me £4k for my 2012 mk4 Tmax (18k miles), which they claimed was a couple of hundred quid over book price.

It didn't seem too bad as I bought my mk4 as nearly new and that was only £800 off the new price, though of the course the 1st owner had helpfully fitted a topbox and heated grips! I had to buy the expensive Yamaha topbox for this one (Givi haven't bothered to bring out a rack for the mk6 yet), and I bought the Yamaha accessory hand wind deflectors - £100 for 2 bits of plastic, though they seem quite effective, but ugly.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

maxiscootnz wrote: NZ draws there stock out of Australia and they still have stock of mk5,s so im out of luck any time soon!!
Enjoy that machine
I did wonder about a mk5 - there are a few knocking around the UK. They have some of the new bits of kit that the mk6 has (USD forks, radial brakes, smart key), but have the mk4's chassis and rear suspension. I've no idea how the mk5 compares to the mk4 or mk6, but they are still asking too much money for the old stock mk5s in the UK to be worth a punt.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Wigan Yamaha originally advertised an ex-demo model at a suspiciously good price, but then said it wasn't for sale. I suspect it was a lure for plonker punters like me! Instead they offered me a deal on a new.
That old chestnut,not associated with Laguana motorcycle are they???

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Don't know about Laguna, but Wigan Yamaha are part of a large group.