New Tmax or Honda x adv ?......

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
darren11864

New Tmax or Honda x adv ?......

Post by darren11864 »

I've got a mk3 Tmax and love it apart from being a little slow off the lights, but been thinking about Honda x adv similar price to new Tmax and better power delivery ? And the 750 should have more poke off the lights. Also miss my Drz400 for a little green Laning so adv should have that covered... But what's better on the road ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Re: New Tmax or Honda x adv ?......

Post by charles1976 »

Try a nc750x dct...2 grand cheaper and..plenty of pull...very happy with mine...1100miles in 4 weeks!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Have to say CJ Ball Honda are offering NC750X at £6500 (I think it was ) with a £450 voucher & 0%.

They are also doing demo ride out date including some off road included. Bikes are Affy Twin & X-ADV amongst others.

I've taken every bike & scooter I've owned off road at some point. I'm hoping the X-ADV is the perfect comprise I've been looking for.

However I've put NY silver wing away and got the naked Yamaha out and forgot what a ball ache chains are

NB
Half right deal below

http://www.maidstonehonda.co.uk/honda/h ... motion.htm

Ride out Norfolk

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Could get a race variator for your tmax, much grin factor!
Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

darren11864 wrote:I've got a mark 4 Tmax and love it apart from being a little slow off the lights, but been thinking about Honda x adv similar price to new Tmax and better power delivery ? And the 750 should have more poke off the lights. Also miss my Drz400 for a little green Laning so adv should have that covered... But what's better on the road ?
Interesting question... the tests show that the X-ADV has greater performance, but on the road there's very little in it. The X-ADV is very torquey, and doesn't rev much - its a question of how the power is delivered. Biggest difference is the Tmax is smooth, whilst the X-ADV has a fake V-twin feel, which I didn't like. Obviously I'm being gentle with the Tmax at the moment, but the performance difference between the mk6 and mk4 has surprised me - twist the throttle a bit and the mk6 just drives forward. Obviously this is at relatively low speeds as I haven't been above 65 yet.

Handling wise, they are more similar than you'd expect, though I didn't really get to try the X-ADV's high speed handling on my test ride. The Tmax feels as tall and short as the X-ADV, and the difference is that the Tmax has a somewhat quicker response and feels lighter. Compared to the Tmax mk4, the mk6's handling is much more responsive and requires smaller, more precise inputs. Ride quality probably isn't much different.

Obviously more underseat space on the Tmax and its still a step-thru, whilst it has belt to change, whilst the X-ADV has a chain and wire wheels to keep clean.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

bikerdezzie wrote:Could get a race variator for your tmax, much grin factor!
It seems to go remarkably well as it is! :D

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Was for Darrens response, best thing i did on my mk3, nice mk1 local on ebay which is tempting but i want something light like an old retro scrambler next.
Dezzie

darren11864

Post by darren11864 »

Thanks all , didn't know you could get a race variator will look into it, was thinking ditching Dr pulley 17g as didn't seem any better than standard and getting 15g rollers ? Got Adv test ride booked..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Not sure how you can not feel a difference between standard rollers and 17g unless your OEM rollers were already very worn when you put the Dr P's in?

Best thing you can do to get a big boost, is 17g DrP or an even mix of 16 and 17g, brisk racing LGS plugs, sprint air filter (£50 but lasts a life time and just needs blowing out) and a slightly higher bar fuel pump (+0.5 bar). It shaves a second off the 0-60 and only costs about £150 and some effort
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Also might look into a spacing washer between the variator halves...it will lower your effective gear ratio from a start..
t9926840.jpg
https://www.motoscoot.net/arandelas-jue ... 400cc.html
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)