Beautiful ride . Beautiful scenery . Rubbish stop at a dealer.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Beautiful ride . Beautiful scenery . Rubbish stop at a dealer.

Post by rtfm »

Oh yeah, that too :-)

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

There is no excuse for that apathy you get from bike dealers in general. I accept that it is difficult to identify genuine punter from the time waster. Obviously these salesmen need more management accountability. In most franchised car dealers, salesmen have to monitor every enquiry, yes I know there are exceptions but by and large they are better. Most car dealerships are subject to a "mystery shopper" exercise and if the findings are poor, their end of year performance bonuses are affected. A bit big brother, but it does tend to focus the management.
Not aware if bike franchises operate similar systems but it might improve things.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Walklikegump wrote:So we are down to a Burgman , AK550 or NC750x DCT or if I decide to downsize then the x-town or a 300cc Sym . Oh well.
Is the current Burgman going OK or are the newer ones so much better it's worth a change?
Also think about the Xmax 300 which sounds quite good.

If it was me however I'd be looking to spend the minimum possible and avoiding theft magnets like the Tmax..

Walklikegump
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 K9

Post by Walklikegump »

Is the current Burgman going OK or are the newer ones so much better it's worth a change?
Also think about the Xmax 300 which sounds quite good.
.[/quote]
The current 400 Is nice but lumpy. The 650 would probably have the right amount of power.

The Joyride was really good fun commuting . This is only fun over 40mph . Below that is usually in traffic and then it's too heavy.
I haven't done more then 25 miles in any one day so not getting a decent feel of it. I want to take it for a real run maybe through the peaks and back.
We will see.
Current: 2009 K9 Burgman
Previous : GPZ305 X7, Puch Maxi , MZ150 ( and more ), 15yr gap , Sym Joyride Evo 200i
Leicester

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

I must admit I found the Burg 400 I tested quite boring but it was an older one. It didn't seem to have the 'surge' that the SYM's have, plus the idle vibes were much worse.

I did found the Vespa 300 huge fun though, very light and nippy but a bit stealable. Pillion footpegs are too far away from the seat too, but you can get adapters.

I would suspect the NC750 to be much too heavy and ponderous at low speeds, I personally think that would be awful for commuting: where a lightweight thin machine scores.

Don't discount Vespa though, the 250 is almost as powerful as the 300 and they are total bargains IMO, no need to spend £9k on a Tmax when far more fun is available for well below £2k
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piaggio-Vespa ... SwfpVZJ~CS

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Can't over-state how impressed I am with the Xmax300. I'd recommend giving it a look.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should