Beautiful ride . Beautiful scenery . Rubbish stop at a dealer.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Walklikegump
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 K9

Beautiful ride . Beautiful scenery . Rubbish stop at a dealer.

Post by Walklikegump »

Took a ride out around Leicestershire and stopped at the Yamaha Dealer in Loughborough. They didn't have a T-max to show me which was expected but the attitude was really crap.
Ignored me for ages as I walked around and finally when they asked if they could help , they turned off when I asked for a T-max .
How can we help. ?
Can't get sorry. You have to buy one to see one. Yo user it's all Yamaha and euro 4 etc.
I realised he wasn't treating me seriously so I told him (lies) that I recently remarried and sold the spare house. I have 31k sitting waiting True but most is for the house renovation project) and I would be willing to travel to see one. Whole attitude changed.
He sat me down and offered a call back Monday after talking to Yamaha about a roadshow.... I don't like having to lie to get the service they should offer as standard. If I ride up on a maxi scooter and ask about a maxi scooter , I might just be legit. As it happens I looking and I do have money waiting but I won't be looking at Yamaha. So we are down to a Burgman , AK550 or NC750x DCT or if I decide to downsize then the x-town or a 300cc Sym . Oh well.
Current: 2009 K9 Burgman
Previous : GPZ305 X7, Puch Maxi , MZ150 ( and more ), 15yr gap , Sym Joyride Evo 200i
Leicester

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Beautiful ride . Beautiful scenery . Rubbish stop at a dealer.

Post by rtfm »

If that's the service they give to a potential new customer, imagine the after sales service. Think you are right to steer clear.

It's worth travelling a long way to get the right kind of service and support the right dealers.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

It seems par for the course these days....you should count yourself fortunate to have attracted his attention at all!

rtfm

Post by rtfm »

MrGrumpy wrote:It seems par for the course these days....you should count yourself fortunate to have attracted his attention at all!
It's only par for the course because consumers put up with it sadly.

The benefit of long service intervals and general reliability of modern bikes is we can and should shun the local dealers if they're crap.

Walklikegump - Get your brand new Tmax from a better dealer and be sure to pop into the local dealer the same day on your new bike to rub his nose in it.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Funny that, I went to a dealer I promised myself I would never visit again, the other day. It was formerly Doug Hackings, now called Bolton motorcycles. I had in mind possibly buying another bike, in addition to my Silverwing and Burgman. I walked around and was ignored so as I was putting my helmet on to leave the Salesman came running out to see if he could help, I said not really, your just as ignorant as you were the last time I was here, three years ago, that's why I will never come here again.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Bolton M/C is part of the Keith Mason empire along with Millenium Mcs, Robinsons of Rochdale, Pete Slingers Preston, Keith Dixon Accrington, In 2 Moto Warrington and probably more. Importer of Enfield and MV at one time, Currently Sym, Daelim, Benelli Hyosung, Hanway , and Royal Enfied importer as MotoGB. . Dogsbody

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I hear you there dogsbody .

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

rtfm wrote:Walklikegump - Get your brand new Tmax from a better dealer and be sure to pop into the local dealer the same day on your new bike to rub his nose in it.

& the point of that would be? By the sounds of it they wouldn't give a toss.

It is a shame but customer service has never been a strong point in Britain in general. I remember going into a mothercare in Byfleet village one Xmas to get a gift voucher for some friends who had just had a baby. Anyway I couldn't find the cards & went to ask where they were & the young girl on the till got properly stroppy with me & behind my back said quite loudly "some people!". Suffice to say I have never been into any mothercare since.

rtfm

Post by rtfm »

Benr - the only point is a bit of self gratification, much like you not going to any Mothercare despite your bad experience only being with one girl at one store.

You must be joking about our customer service levels in general right?

You want to come to Poland (outside of touristy bits) and experience real harsh customer service. ask politely at the ticket office what platform the next train is on and they look at you like you just did a shit in their coffee.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

rtfm wrote:Benr - the only point is a bit of self gratification ...
I disagree. There may well be some self gratification but I think it is important that a dealership knows that it has lost revenue simply down to a lack of professional conduct.

If not in person, then perhaps an email would do to give them a wake-up call.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should