Legalised robbery

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Legalised robbery

Post by Steve_D »

horobags wrote:ive got my car and home with LV, but they never seem competetive for bikes........
Same here.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Steve_D wrote:
horobags wrote:ive got my car and home with LV, but they never seem competetive for bikes........
Same here.

Give them a call Mark, they were far less £'s for the x-adv that of CN for me this year, so i went LV= mind i do get an extra 10% off as i am a member of the CSMA as was.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

LV gave us extra discount also because of home ,car and my van the the bikes . I also found that they still give me the lowest excess of any of the other insurers . My srv at CN £290 LV a 3rd of that only missing the break down which I always arrange separate for our vehicles .

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

When i did the X-ADV with them last month i asked if they wanted to no how many miles i do per year, the guy said will it be over 20,000 :lol:
No i said, CN charge more if you do over 5,000. LV was only £100 excess, no breakdown cover thou but full leathers and helmet..up to two years old and it's a new bike if written off.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

My insurance is up for renewal this month. Renewal is ninety three pounds. I phoned L/V for a quote two hundred and sixty two pounds for the same cover. Iam currently with Hastings

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

May be it's the post code lottery they talk about, out in the wilds of Welsh Wales here so may be..
You can't have every thing i spose, our internet speed is 38kb yes the OLD dailup speed and we pay for
2 to 10 mg :lol: :lol: :lol: sod all you can do about it unless you go with a bloody big dish on the side of
the house 3 times the size of a Sky dish, and that is £120-ish per month for 5meg down load.
The barstuards no it so charge what they like. Missing cable ducts that are far too expensive to repalace.
Lyn.

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

I never stay with any one company whenever my insurance is due for renewal I just look on the comparison websites & buy whatever is cheapest although the last few years have been spent flittering between MCE & Hastings.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well I changed my insurance over from the XJ6 to the Shadow, and Bennetts "only" charged me £35 for the pleasure, probably because it's an older bike of slightly less value. Lets just hope they still make that call to the MIB for that so I don't get arrested.. :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Blimey (or stronger words to that effect) - had my insurance renewal through and they want over £500 :o :o to cover both scoots!

I currently have a joint policy, but I've already had a poke around to get quotes for them individually, and I was getting a price of around £150 for Tmax, and £100 for the Bev, even with 0 years NCB on the Bev. Cor.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Reverting to childhood in times of stress! (Grew up on E London/Essex border). There are other words I could have used to describe my feelings, but probably best to stick to those!