Legalised robbery

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Legalised robbery

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well Bennetts screwed me over the transfer charge (£75 for transfering cover from my CBF600 to the XJ600) but they're not going to do it a second time.
The TMax insurance is up in 3 weels and set for automatic renewal according to them. My premium last year was £115, this year they want £176, £20 is an "arrangement fee". Never been charged this before. I think they make it up as they go along.. :twisted:
Best quote on MCN is £89. Bye Bye Bennetts..

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Legalised robbery

Post by Steve_D »

I had similar with Carole Nash. I went to Bennetts. No doubt I'll be going with someone else next year.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

This is a way of life now, you have to change and or haggle every year to get a reasonable price for your loyalty, there certainly isn't any reward for staying with the same people

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Yes loyal customers get screwed.

I used to not renew my insurance with mce every year but go with them on a new quote as a new customer instead.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I will have to disagree lol my loyalty has paid off staying with LV over the past 3 years at least ,Taylor made policies at great prices . Unlike CN who really want to screw you over a lot of my bike m8,s. ( yes more than 1 lol ) use MCE and although not the cheapest ,have had quick service when a bike got pinched with prompt payout . They also get perks at the BSB races ,pillion rides around circuits meet the stars in hospitality etc .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

ive got my car and home with LV, but they never seem competetive for bikes. hastings get my bike money at the moment, but Im sure it will change soon.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Mark, I'm surprised you don't have a Traders Policy or are not on Hunts policy as an employee. Dogsbody

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

mark im with LV too for bike, they dont charge for bike changes etc XJ600 IS £85 yet i suppose its 20 years old... having fun on it though he he and very comfy. 50 mpg round here and 72 mpg up to yorkshire 210 miles a hoot. never had so much fun for £700 squid
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

michaelphillips wrote: never had so much fun for £700 squid
Often the cost of an item robs the fun, from being precious about scratches to having to treat it nice to 'keep the value'.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well I've cancelled Bennetts and gone with Hastings Direct. Never used them before, usually I get fully comp, breakdown cover, legal cover etc. This time I've gone third party fire & theft and will arrange breakdown myself for both bikes.
I've got the "ride any other bike" feature which I sometimes need to ride my daughters scooter or friends bikes etc.
Done and dusted..