More Tmax mk6 Impressions

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: More Tmax mk6 Impressions

Post by Ferret »

My younger sister took up riding ( cbf125) 4 months ago age 44 . She is now happier than ever ,and says she feels the biking has cured all he ailments . She used to be a miserable cow and stuck in a bottle of self pity ,all good now .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've had a couple of accessories fitted:

Firstly, an Ermax hugger, which hopefully will stop most of the crud that gets thrown around the rear wheel in winter.
Looks good - painted versions are available, but its plastic under there anyway. Only snag was that Ermax failed to notice a bracket locating the parking brake cable, so a slight mod had to be made.

As I said, the screen isn't bad, but wasn't perfect - I've had this Puig adjustable deflector fitted
It does seem to improve things a lot - quieter at speed, principally cos I think it lifts the turbulence a bit higher so over your helmet! Probably not the perfect solution for taller people, but it only cost £45 which is a relative bargain compared to a new screen.

Found an issue with the Tmax - sometimes when rolling along off throttle (ie down hill, or coming to junctions) it surges ie its like I'm coming on and off the throttle. Its quite violent actually, but only does it very occasionally. Don't know if its a fault or a quirk of the ride-by-wire throttle. Its going in for its 1st service next week, though I've already done 600 miles. oops....

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

If you carry a pillion...do they find their footrests 'strange' at all? They're definitely in a different place to the Mk4's.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Greyerbeard wrote:If you carry a pillion...do they find their footrests 'strange' at all? They're definitely in a different place to the Mk4's.
No I don't so can't comment! The odd thing about the footrests is the hidden emergency key slot on the RHS...Don't forget that whilst the mk6 looks just like previous TMaxs, its almost totally different in most respects - the chassis and bodywork is entirely new so there are many subtle or not so subtle differences. I can't be certain, but I'm sure the centrestand lever is in a different place! I'm sure it used to be a good 6" further back on the mk4!

btw I'm wondering if there actually are any common parts between the mk4 and mk6....I suspect that even the bits that haven't overtly changed in design are probably different. I guess that the front wheel fits both, and maybe the rear wheel brake calipers but that's about it!