Unimpressive purchase

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Unimpressive purchase

Post by kayz1 »

:lol: They far more PLASTIC in them that of the Honda x-adv's i bought for it...four tiny diddy bits of plastic for £100, had i of known just how big they were i would never have bought them. I don't have a clue if they work as i have not yet put them on, the two (larger) uppers will cover up the very expensive ( if you had to buy it ) tri-colour decals...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Meldrew wrote:My Alt-Berg boots are also about the same age and they've never leaked at all, mainly because I bought them to wear exclusively on maxi scooters. Excellent well made boots but a bit clumpy for wandering around in, so they've never been favourites or my go to boots.
Ive got some altbergs, fantastic boots, I didnt buy the motorcycle style because I wanted an all rounder, so I bought the micro lite. The factory say they are 'a silent approach boot', so Ideal for dogging then!! :D
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

If they are really that simple why not make some from aluminium sheet? I did this for one scooter with particularly ineffective bodywork and its surprising how much difference an inch or two of extra extension can make. ( Sorry for the unintended innuendo)
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

horobags wrote: I didnt buy the motorcycle because I wanted an all rounder, so I bought the micro lite.
[/quote]

Have wheels, will travel :D

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

The Bern wrote:
horobags wrote: I didnt buy the motorcycle because I wanted an all rounder, so I bought the micro lite.

Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: Ive got some altbergs, fantastic boots, I didnt buy the motorcycle style because I wanted an all rounder, so I bought the micro lite. The factory say they are 'a silent approach boot', so Ideal for dogging then!! :D
I've had several pairs of Altbergs, and they were fabulous, but a few years ago they seemed to do something to their designs which means that they just don't seem to fit me properly anymore, no matter what size or width fitting I try.

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

The Bern wrote:

Image[/quote]

That's probably one of the few things with an engine that Horobags hasn't owned! :lol:
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I remember seeing a set of Yamaha Mk 3 TMax deflectors up for sale (if memory serves correctly it was Alaska Guy on the USA Majesty forum) and thinking if he was selling them, being an experienced high-mileage rider, they can't be much good. :)
I also remember being on a cold, wet ride back from London and thinking "those deflectors would come in handy!" :?
I suppose if some came up for sale at the right price I might get some.
Has anyone any experience with the TMax items?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've never really seen the need on previous Tmaxs, but with the narrower footboards on the mk6, I'd definitely be interested in finding some!