Highest Mileage Forza 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Highest Mileage Forza 300

Post by MrGrumpy »

Normsthename wrote:Has Honda stopped making the Forza 300?
Looked on Biketrader and there were no new ones for sale :(
Still on the Honda website, so should still be for sale. Honda would be crazy not to update it, as they must have sold loads - if you look on the secondhand market there seem to be an awful lot there!

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

you are right about the UK website. I just checked the Spanish and German honda websites and it no longer on there. so I guess they have stopped selling it because of emissions.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Generalpurpose wrote:
I am not sure if Honda will do a newer version with a new EURO 4 compliant engine. If they do they better ensure that also EURO 5 which is coming in 2020 is already being considered! However having said that given Brexit maybe that won't apply to the UK anymore....
Another area of uncertainty! Though if bikes/scoots have to meet Euro 5 in the EU, I can't see manufacturers making a special non-compliant version just for the UK, and if you are a UK manufacturer interested in selling to Europe, then similarly making different UK and non-UK versions doesn't make financial sense, unless volumes are huge.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Generalpurpose wrote:you are right about the UK website. I just checked the Spanish and German honda websites and it no longer on there. so I guess they have stopped selling it because of emissions.
I'm astonished at that, given thats its a decent seller. Perhaps a new version is to be unveiled at EICMA in 3 months time...

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

the could just use the engine e2 from the current SH300 as it's Euro 4 as far as I know

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

Hi guys. maybe the plan will have to change now as I got hit by a car whilst observing a stop sign! I was on my way home and had stopped to check for traffic when I got shunted! I managed to keep the bike upright but the damage is fairly big and the rear looks and felt out of line...
at least the other driver was insured and I have already informed my insurance.
Let's see what the verdict will be... such shame the scooter was just days away from his 2nd birthday...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh bugger. The important thing is that you are OK of course, but I'm pretty sure the scoot is a write-off.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

+1

If you walk away little else matters

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

yes certainly looks like its an early burial for the Forza, as others have said as long as you're ok that's the main thing. I hope you get paid out promptly and I for one will be interested what you replace it with.
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

if it's a write off I will probably be looking to get another Forza 300 with same mileage and year used but depends on payout etc