Honda SH125 mode

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Honda SH125 mode

Post by SH125Paul »

Pete07bikes wrote:...I'm not sure what the service schedule is on the Mode, suspect it's like the Swing, belt at 15,000 miles and oil change every 2,500 - hopefully Paul with the sh125 & the Xmax 400 will chip in with that for me....
All good wiv the SH... Other scoots are faster / sleaker / offer better weather protection etc - but Slim / Big Wheels -Tool for the Job...
Service for the SH is 5000 oil - but i do every 2500 like the old spec says and advised by the dealer - for just under a litre why wouldnt you... specially for its commuting dutys.
Belt is 15000 - £32 have one for few weeks time..
Air filter is 10k - i clean @ 5 - £13... may cut out the paper pleat and fit some ram air foam to really penny pinch!
Valve clearance check is listed as 600 then 2500 miles - Dealer never did it at 600 - said they never need doing? - I'm now at 14000 and havent checked em - all sounds fine...

See a few modes on my commute - look 3/4 scale but i think are air cooled!?!.
Went SH over the mode as it's a daily work horse 35 miles a day - saying that the Visons i see get a hard life delivering pizzas... dont supose they get the oil changed @ 2500!

Got the knuckle guards - great for £35... keep a lot of wet and wind blast off - real recomendation! - the go Tucano Muffs when it gets cold...
If you get the knuckle guards (which i really recomend!) cut the plastic that makes it a 'round' around the hadle bar - otherwise you cant pull the from cover off clear of the bars with the guards in situ to change the headlight bulb ;-)

An open cubby hole for a drink bottle etc would be great on the SH...

Cant remember the differeance in price SH v SH Mode (+ Top Box) as a every day work horse i went SH, and compared the cost over 3 yrs with a train ticket - any more years is a bonus as i look at it...

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

If you are near a dealer that can service SYMs (and you want second hand or new in France) the Joyride 200 (171cc) is a good alternate to the SH.

With an Isotta tall screen the weather protection is very good - including for the hands, the flat floor is longer so you can fit beer crates/wine cases there (and also Ryanair spec cabin bags), it's got a large and deep storage under the seat and takes a large rack+topbox well which is a bonus for commuting.

In use it feels far lighter than a 300, has a 220 km tank range and the filler is up high so no stooping or bending on the fill ups.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

Thanks to you all I reckon I've got all the info I need to make my choice.~
I'm away tomorrow for 2 weeks touring on the CB500X but when I get back I'll go and see the Vision, Mode & SH125 in the flesh & make my decision - hopefully by then Honda would have made me an offer for the petrol tank I had to replace on the Forza - See garage section
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

When my back tyre got a slow leak,went to watling,s catford,[wmax paul knows where] ,I got a pair of bridgstone battlax,s on,what a difference ,it goes right over in the wet,country lanes where all the rain flows the grit/stones on the line I use,straight though.old tyres I couldn't .
Forgot that's on the Honda Vision 110.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

But what did you have on there before??

richie the 1st
Benefactor

Post by richie the 1st »

The tyres that came with the scoot when new,i got it 2nd/h they were just so hard ,byt when I got the new one,s on,much better,softy as well,and they get hotter
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

barker
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera nexus

Post by barker »

I own a mode 65 plate nice will do 60 with a push but you will feel every pot hole the suspension is not the cleverest side stand and centre not a lot of room to move your feet about on a long run
stop start is a pain some times over all not a bad commuter

richie the 1st
Benefactor

Post by richie the 1st »

I have a stop/start on my sh 125,i just turn it off.Might use it once when I stop at certain traffic lights.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

barker
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera nexus

Post by barker »

had a new mode not as big or quick as the sh but a nice machine, sold it when I went into hospital but i would get a another one 55 might see 60 down hill stop start can be turned off if it annoys you

Bonniedogsdad
Current Ride: Honda Vision 2017

Post by Bonniedogsdad »

Iv'e got a 17 (67) Vision with just on 800 miles, nice little scoot, but lacks power up hills with a head wind, not expecting a sports bike but will just hit 70 on the clock going down hill with a tail wind!
Me thinks the clock is lying just a bit!
At 60-65 its really about 55 on the sat nav, so not bad really.
I've just ordered an SH Mode to arrive in a couple of weeks from Hunts, good deal against mine, I can sell the Vision if I find a buyer, and they deliver for free, the Vision came from them too.
The Chen Shin tyres are surprisingly good I found, and its been out in some crap weather too, except snow/ice and salt, had a good covering of ACF 50 before it went on the road, its as sparkly now as when it came out of the van!
Would have kept it for the fact I need that extra torque to do longer journeys, and would have liked a socket for a satnav plug and I'll miss the cubby holes, although because of the ignition key socket it's difficult to use the right hand side, so really only missing 1!
If the coMode is as good as, or better than I shan't argue!
Terry