Honda SH125 mode

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Honda SH125 mode

Post by horobags »

I think you will be well chuffed with the mode Terry. The vision is a capable scoot for a 110cc, but I think the mode will be a bit more capable. Shame you cant keep both. :D
I buy all my bikes from Hunts, good honda dealers , where abouts are you??
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Bonniedogsdad
Current Ride: Honda Vision 2017

Post by Bonniedogsdad »

I'm in Ardrossan, sunny Scotland, my nearest Honda dealer is in Ayr, 20(ish) miles away I asked him the price of 1st service on the Vision, he quoted £70, there's only an oil change to do and check steering for play, that's it, needles to say I don't use them!
A couple of things I don't like about the new Vision 110, that fiddly ignition switch/lock, bloody awkward thing, sadly SH has the same thing though, 2nd, why is a replacement drive belt TWICE the price of other models, i.e SH etc?
£35 to £70 in one jump?
And Vision replacement indicator bulbs, I bought 10 on line for just over the price of 1 of theirs!
Also the bag hook is useless, no top catch to stop handles coming off.
Does Ginger Phil still come on here BTW?
When you are next in Hunts say hello to Damian & Ashley for me, spoken to them through my secretary (wife) on the phone but never met them though.
Does G.P. still come on here?
Terry

Bonniedogsdad

Post by Bonniedogsdad »

ALL CHANGE!!
Changed my order for a Honda PCX in black, Hunts have them at a good price at the moment, more suited to my use with the plug socket, cubby hole etc, should be here week after next.
Was going to order a bronze coloured one, but out of stock so black will do then.
This bike will suit me better for my trips up to the Green Welly meets Tyndrum in the summer. :lol:
Terry

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

the pcx is a fantastic machine, had a few changes and well refined now. I guess its got better weather protection than the mode.Yes I know Damion and Ash, they are brothers , Hunts is a good dealer and I can spend hours in there. The only negative is I always seem to come out skint!! :D
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Bonniedogsdad wrote: Does G.P. still come on here?

Guess you mean Ginger Phil ? if so his last post was ... Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:40 pm ... but that's not to say he doesn't still 'look in' on us, try sending him a PM
Have wheels, will travel :D

Bonniedogsdad

Post by Bonniedogsdad »

I have the PCX, p/xed for my 67 Vision, Vision too small, cramped, and not able to do the trips or distance's I want.
I think the 110 is really nicely built, I like the 16" wheel, and 'that hook', but the PCX is so much more, just run in but I can feel the extra power, the speeds stay more constant, seat is better and more room for my feet too!
I like the LED lights, but the mirrors are crap, and it appears I need to take the top box, carrier and rear cowl off before I can take the side panel(s) off to do the tappets, it wouldn't have been difficult to make a small panel to get to the head/tappets, they did it for the spark plug & water header tank access so why not for that?
Bigger under seat storage although it wont take an AGV flip front, that goes in the top box.
I wish I'd seen the PCX before I bought the Vision, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid you get a lot more bike for your money!
On the other hand if you want a town/city bike Hunts have an immaculate 67 plate 110 Vision with just 835 miles for £1795, a bargain against the new price!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

When I rode the pcx 125 some years ago when it came out,i fround it too small,am 6"3" tall,got my Honda vision way back in july 2015,much much better,i would have another one .
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.