2006 TMAX ECU

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

2006 TMAX ECU

Post by kav »

A long shot but you never know.

The gentleman who services my bikes recently replaced the ECU of a 2006 TMAX (stolen recovered).

He only realised following that the part he bought was the ECU for a TMAX with ABS (I didn't realise there was such a thing on the MK2).

Whilst it fitted and worked the engine management light did not go out.

As he had opened, he was unable to return; and I think this part from Yamaha is something like £800 plus the vat.

So of the off chance anybody is looking for one drop me a line and I will pass on his contact details.

Bill

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: 2006 TMAX ECU

Post by MrGrumpy »

kav wrote: The gentleman who services my bikes recently replaced the ECU of a 2006 TMAX (stolen recovered).

He only realised following that the part he bought was the ECU for a TMAX with ABS (I didn't realise there was such a thing on the MK2).
I can't remember the exact dates but there was possibly an ABS option in some European countries, though agree it does sound early. The UK was very late to get ABS Tmaxs even as an option.

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Just found this post, I'm a new forum member....

Bill, why not speak to BBA Reman, see if they can help. They are ecu repair experts so may be able to disable the ABS feature or reflash the ecu firmware to a non-ABS version. Its probably worth a phone call.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Pukmeister wrote:Just found this post, I'm a new forum member....

Bill, why not speak to BBA Reman, see if they can help. They are ecu repair experts so may be able to disable the ABS feature or reflash the ecu firmware to a non-ABS version. Its probably worth a phone call.

That is a good idea, forgot about them folks, the lad uses them a lot for electronic dash panels ECU's even leccy power steering stuff.
Give them a shout they can only say yes or no..
Nice one Mr Puckmeister Sir. ;)

kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

Post by kav »

Thanks for the reply. He had to go and buy the correct ECU to fit to the customers bike (so he was over £800 out of pocket). Not sure if he still has the old one or managed to sell on, but I'll mention the below company to him.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Here you go, worth a try/phone call i would say and ask to speak to a teqy type..contact form on the page
https://shop.bba-reman.com/