Silverwing Rear Wheel Slogger ? +

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Silverwing Rear Wheel Slogger ? +

Post by XP500FUN »

Hi, well I finally bit the bullet and took the rear wheel out on the silverwing after watching an in Italien video of how to do it many times.

It is a bit of a going on and luckily my son was there as we had a right job getting the never off rear spindle nut to crack.

After that it sort of was Ok if a little long windered compared to a T-Max.

One of the Exhaust join clamp bolts snapped trying to get it out so only got one for now but feels OK.

There was tyre weld type stuff in there had reacted with the alloy somewhat so needed a good clean up and some rim sealer type stuff to be on the safe side. Done by the local garge for me when putting the tyre on. Michelin Power Pure SC.

What I did notice on putting it all back together was a little this and that way rear slogger ( if thats the right word), on the back wheel. Is that usual please ? Just slight forwards back wards, not side to side.

Does`nt seem to affect anything and not a lot.

Next job is the front wheel out for a tyre too so any advice, tips etc in advance would be handy please.

Best and thanks, Mark.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Re: Silverwing Rear Wheel Slogger ? +

Post by The Bern »

XP500FUN wrote:
What I did notice on putting it all back together was a little this and that way rear slogger ( if thats the right word), on the back wheel. Is that usual please ? Just slight forwards back wards, not side to side.
Presumably you had movement of the wheel on the axle ? So long as movement was not present after fitting the 'swinging arm' then I wouldn't worry.
Have wheels, will travel :D

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Raise front wheel off the ground ,after loosening wheel nut, there are two pinch bolts (Allen key nuts) either side of front wheel, loosen off, take wheel nut off, withdraw wheel shaft, I find screwdriver shaft in end of wheel shaft hole is best, jiggle shaft out. Catch spacer.

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

The back wheel has some fore and aft play but should have none from side to side AFAIK

XP500FUN
Benefactor

Post by XP500FUN »

Hi thanks, getting the front tyre on next week so appreciate the advice.

Sounds a lot easier than the T max was with the fiddley speedo insert etc.

Yes the bit of back wheel movement is like that thanks.

Have to say the new michelin Pure SC tyre makes things feel better at the back, hope the one on the front does too.

But really struggling to get it in and out of the garage without some oh dear moments as up a little slope.

Had a couple of very dodgey oh blimey`s yesterday.

Best Mark.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Had very bad experience with Power pure tyres, one on front felt like I was riding on tram tracks till I dropped the pressure three pounds. One on the rear lasted four thousand miles, as opposed to Metzeller, diablo and Bridgestone hoop that all gave eight thousand miles. So far done seven thousand miles on front, but down to three mm of tread, be glad to get rid of it soon, always got eleven thousand miles out of any other front tyre.

XP500FUN
Benefactor

Post by XP500FUN »

Hi the the SC replaced a Hoop 02 on the back and the bike already feels much improved, but not tried an 03 before.

The SC`S are nice on the T max but only around 5K or so on that but it handles even better.

They are bought now, so see what I do next time.

Best Mark.

XP500FUN
Benefactor

Post by XP500FUN »

PS after about 130 miles now the tyres feel much more comfortable.

Seem to be absorbing bumps even better than before.

Anyone else found that after a few mile son new tyres.

Best Mark.