Xmax 300 or Forza 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Xmax 300 or Forza 300

Post by MrGrumpy »

Greyerbeard wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:28 am

Good grief yes! Even the 125 will cruise at an indicated 70; the 300 will do around 85, the XMax 300 perhaps a bit more.
And welcome :-)
I guess it depends on what you mean by cruise...both will be nearly flat out at those speeds, so you may or may not think that working the engine that hard for long periods is a good idea. Also, those speeds are on the flat and in neutral winds - hills and headwinds will take anything up to 10mph off. There again, I guess a 50cc moped would be ideal for the M25 at peak hour!

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

If it helps, here's my comments, not in any particular order, so far on my week old Forza 300 (2018 model).
I picked it up on a wet windy day and brought it home in fairly severe cross winds. It handled those better than I expected, given its relatively low weight. I felt confident on the bike almost from the outset and was straightaway traversing wet roundabouts (the Carlisle by pass - a roundabout fest) as if I'd had the bike for a few days - not blindingly fast, but not as nervous as you can be on a brand new bike. It's an easy bike to ride.
Looks like around 80 mpg at running in speeds. It now has 230 miles and runs up to 70 quite easily. If any of you know Dunmail Raise in the Lakes (it's a long moderately steep drag out of Grasmere), I was accelerating up that easily passing cars and not running out of steam at an indicated 70. With reference to motorway discussion above, I think that on the motorway it will readily run up to 70, and will hold that but there won't be a lot left to blast away from a swarm of lorries etc. Can be safely done but not with the ease of a bigger bike.
I was very close to getting another vespa 300 because they are very handy around the lanes where I live, but this is just as agile and better on the bumps, better protection and better storage. I'm confident that I made the right decision - just need to get my cataract sorted tomorrow then wait patiently to get back on it. Bloody old age!

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

nice review and enjoy the new scooter.
I am sticking with my old Forza 300 for now...maybe get the newer version when it's been on market for a couple or years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Scootles
wishing you well with the cataract.
Nice feed back on the forza

bustupbiker
Current Ride: X-ADV

Post by bustupbiker »

Just the info i needed thank you and good luck with the eye job..mate has had both done and loves life again now.
Lyn.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Scootles wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:41 pm
Looks like around 80 mpg at running in speeds. It now has 230 miles and runs up to 70 quite easily. If any of you know Dunmail Raise in the Lakes (it's a long moderately steep drag out of Grasmere), I was accelerating up that easily passing cars and not running out of steam at an indicated 70.
Out of curiosity - what do Honda recommend about running in the 300? Yamaha's advice for the XMax 300 is 4,500 rpm until the 600 mile service - which equates to about 45mph!
No, I haven't... :-)
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Jimish
Current Ride: Honda NC750X+ Peugeot Metropol

Post by Jimish »

Greyerbeard wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:28 am
Jimish wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:24 am Hello all. New on here and learning.......
So will the Forza 300 cope with motorways then?
Good grief yes! Even the 125 will cruise at an indicated 70; the 300 will do around 85, the XMax 300 perhaps a bit more.
And welcome :-)
Looks like I’d better test ride one then.
Thanks for the welcome.
Some days you’re the lamppost. Some days you’re the dog. icon_shit.gif

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

Book says
During the first 300 miles ........
Avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
Avoid hard braking.
Ride conservatively.

All very precise then! My 70mph burst was just that - a short spell of relatively fast riding then back down again.
Two further comments- at 5'10" I can get my feet halfway between tiptoe and flat when stationary. The seat is wider than my old vespa but comfortable. Ideally I would have a tiny bit more legroom in the feet forward position, but I'm splitting hairs to be honest.
The match of engine and transmission is very good, giving good (300cc) performance at all speeds.
Cataract now done. Already bored!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Scootles wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:18 am Book says
During the first 300 miles ........
Avoid full throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
Avoid hard braking.
Ride conservatively.

All very precise then! My 70mph burst was just that - a short spell of relatively fast riding then back down again.
Cataract now done. Already bored!
Honda states the same for the VFR 1200X so a generic sensible note & I've always loaded/unloaded an engine during running in with no problems (waits for the debate about running in-again)
My last suzuki stated quarter (300 miles) then half throttle up to 600 miles which as I stated before is just plain dangerous and not suited to real world conditions in UK.

Glad cataract done but remember boredom now rather than later on,heal swiftly

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 am
My last suzuki stated quarter (300 miles) then half throttle up to 600 miles which as I stated before is just plain dangerous and not suited to real world conditions in UK.
Yes, quite - as is Yamaha's 4,500rpm/45mph - not on your Nellie!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350