Xmax 300 or Forza 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bustupbiker
Current Ride: X-ADV

Re: Xmax 300 or Forza 300

Post by bustupbiker »

I don't think it makes a lot of difference to the motor what you do, it is after all an auto, i just take care for the first 300 miles then build up on the load/speed over the next 400 odd miles...then give it beans for a few miles...never had a bad motor.

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

I know from my times working for Honda that the engine are not the reason for the advice given in the manuals. it's more to do with bedding everything else in...ie. bearings, brakes etc.
the motor itself can take full load as long as it's at operating temp

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

Thanks for good wishes on cataract. Second day and my eyesight is spot on. Amazing.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I`m still at a loss as to why the rear end is no better on the new Forza, going by the odd review I`ve read.

Surely that would of been the first place to start improving things.

When oh when is someone going to make a decent mid range scooter with proper suspension etc.

Its not hard to do.

Best Mark.

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:08 am I`m still at a loss as to why the rear end is no better on the new Forza, going by the odd review I`ve read.

Surely that would of been the first place to start improving things.

When oh when is someone going to make a decent mid range scooter with proper suspension etc.

Its not hard to do.

Best Mark.

Probably because the engineering involved with the currunt system is perfectly adiquate for the job it is intended to do, if it were as dire as you seem to think it is they would not sell in the numbers that they do.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Have you seen how many people with Forzas and X Maxs etc etc are desperately trying to improve things at the back.

Most suspension on scooters is absolutely dire to say the least.

There are loads of people with proper bikes with already far far better suspension upgrading that, gawd help them if they sat on a scooter and went out on the UK`s roads.

I`d say the current unit swing system is entirely inadequate for the job its meant to but does`nt do.

Is there some sort of odd denial going on here. Its utter crat. With a P instead of a T.

They sell in the numbers they do ( in other coutires mainly ) as no choice at all at the lower end of the market.

If they were better they would sell far far more here.

Gawd help us when the UK roads get even worse very soon.

Best Mark.

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 am There are loads of people with proper bikes with already far far better suspension upgrading that, gawd help them if they sat on a scooter and went out on the UK`s roads.

I`d say the current unit swing system is entirely inadequate for the job its meant to but does`nt do.

Says the member that spent over a year wanting to change his after market upgraded front springs back to standard ones, because he thought the aftermarket ones were crap, make yer mind up bud, you can't have it both ways :lol: :lol:

Out of curiousity have many (& which if applicable) swing unit scooters have you actually ridden ?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

It can be a question of horses for courses...the swinging engine scoots seem to work OK in town, but if you venture onto bumpy roads in the country (where XP500fun lives) they are hopeless. My last two smaller scoots were the Burgman 200 which just could not cope with big bumps, and the Bev 350ST which was very uncomfortable in the sticks and very difficult to ride. Which is why I now have two Tmaxs!!!

Bern

Post by Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:46 am It can be a question of horses for courses...the swinging engine scoots seem to work OK in town, but if you venture onto bumpy roads in the country (//)they are hopeless.
Oh come on Mr.grumpy, how are our roads worse than the cobbled streets of Italian cities ? If swing engine scooters could not cope with bumps Vespa & Lambretta would have ceased manufacture & disappeared into oblivion long ago.
I suspect it's more to do with people having greater expectations than the vehicle can deliver, they're not motorbikes yet somehow some people expect them to be on par in every level

bustupbiker
Current Ride: X-ADV

Post by bustupbiker »

****I suspect it's more to do with people having greater expectations than the vehicle can deliver, they're not motorbikes yet somehow some people expect them to be on par in every level****

spot on that man. If you want luxury buy a BMW RT, if you wants sports bike handling buy a sports bike....if you want the stuff a scooter can offer you then:::::!
Lyn.