My new (2014 second hand) Tmax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

My new (2014 second hand) Tmax

Post by Aaron »

I have just bought a 2014 Tmax 530cc ABS with 11000km on the clock. Its the white one.

After loving my 2009 Majesty 400 for the past 5 years and clocking up 52000 km (riding to work each day), I have found a good second hand Tmax for sale, so I bought it.

Its coming from the other side of Australia (about 3500km away), so I wont have it up and going (and registered) for at least a couple of weeks time from now.

I have always liked the Tmax since I first saw one in the flesh in 2002 (at a local Yamaha motorbike shop), so now I get to see what the fuss is about.

I also remember when bikerdezzie bought his, and updated Maxi Muppets on all his modifications he did on his blue tmax.

I was looking at a low mileage 2008 Tmax (the Yellow one), but I figured I was better paying a little more and getting the 2014 530cc ABS model.

Does anyone know how to access a Workshop manual for the 2014 model ? As I plan to do the servicing on it.

I also bought a personalised number plate for it. I got TMAXI. I tried to get TMAX, but it was already taken, so I got TMAXI, being a combination of TMAX and MAXI.

So after going from a Yamaha Zuma 50cc to a Yamaha Cygnus/Riva 180cc to a Italjet Dragster 180 to a Piaggio X8 250 to Honda PCX 125 to a Yamaha Majesty 400, I now go to the 2014 Tmax.

See pic of my purchase below

Aaron
$_20.jpg

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: My new (2014 second hand) Tmax

Post by MrGrumpy »

OOh, what a sensible choice - I'm sure it'll blow you away compared to the Maj400! Looks nice in white - we don't get white ones in the UK! The choice between the 2008 mk3 and 2014 mk4 (?) is closer than you think - the 530cc version does give extra low speed grunt, though the 20008 would have the enclosed chain drive which is more practical.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I got my XMAX400 Service Manual in pdf for about £15 / £18 from a guy on eBay - but the Italian site... (try searching eBay.com, or eBay.it)
After purchase I was sent a link to down load the file from his one drive... So no waiting for a CD in the post!
So I would try there...
(Honda seem to do there Service Info On Line to a Dealer Only Subscribed / Username and Password Site - Yamaha seem a little free-er and easier...)

In the mean time check out https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/ ... rer/yamaha
Some great exploded diagrams and parts listings that may help with disassembly / reassembly...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Actually I have a 2012 (mk4) Service manual on my PC. Lord knows where I got it from! Its 25MB so I guess its not e-mailable. I guess I can put it on my google drive and I can share it via that? If so, perhaps you should PM me your e-mail address. Or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative way for someone not especially up with the latest IT gizmos!!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Aye, they're a great scoot for sporty handling and performance. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still find myself laughing out loud at how much fun it is to ride. It's a very versatile scoot - nimble and quick through the town and great at filtering through heavy traffic, yet stable and smooth when cruising at 80 mph on the motorway, and it's comfortable on long trips. It's a hard act to beat. 8-)

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Good memory Aaron, i still miss the blue beasty, i ride childs clown bikes now lol.
Dezzie

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Oooo, nice :-)

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

I now have a workshop manual, thanks.

I did look at the Honda Grom (in Australia we have the Honda Grom, Kawasaki Z125 and the Benalli 125) but, I need to get the Tmax thing out of my system first. I have a big white van I use for my surfing/windsurfing/paragliding kit, so the grom would be easy to travel with (throw in my van, and take with me on my travels), but I'm just not travelling enough at the moment to justify a small bike. But in the future it could be a very good idea.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Aaron wrote: I need to get the Tmax thing out of my system first.
That's far easier said than done! Kind of like certain naughty drugs.......

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

very nice :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.